Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMORC materials

+21
IMUHTUK
blue13
vortex
mikenoxaura
angi44
tonebarrel
TheNomad
Aurum
Cactus
inbetween
amandachen
brothermanontario
factseeker
worlock93
mindaround
nalon
liong
jlynch
darktcmdoc
ankh_f_n_khonsu
Khephra
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AMORC materials Empty AMORC materials

Post  darktcmdoc Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 am

After reading some of the commentaries on the subject of AMORC materials I would like to add a few of my own;

1) The original materials published by H. Spencer Lewis were somewhat different from the subsequent materials published when his son Ralph Lewis became involved. These materials can be found in some of the Digimob's releases.

2) Like all educational materials, there is "wheat and chaff" to be sorted through; generally speaking, the AMORC of the Ralph Lewis era tried to back the teachings with as much "hard science" as they could. I have seen the original materials that the Lewis team had to work from; very cryptic at times. It took a lot of work to sort out without which the "basic material" that some people almost sneer at would have only appeared in public litterature in the seventies rather than in the 40's.

3) AMORC has had 2 "Imperators" since the passing of Ralph Lewis; thus the order's priorities changed twice in a relatively short time period. This is a common phenomena that can be sen in most mystical fraternal societies.

4) Although I have a full set of the "old monographs" I have not been in touch with AMORC for decade or two. I have heard that the newer monographs are some what "new age"; this reflects the fact that world leadership of AMORC now originates from France.

In conclusion, I would say that the promises that were made to me in the context of the temple initiations as far as the acquisition and application of knowledge are being fulfilled. AMORC encouraged personal research and an intuitive approach to synchronistic paradigm transformation that has been of great value to me.

I write this in partial fullfillment of an obligation/promise I took during one of the above mentioned temple initiations.

darktcmdoc

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

AMORC materials Empty Re: AMORC materials

Post  Khephra Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:05 pm

darktcmdoc wrote:4) Although I have a full set of the "old monographs" I have not been in touch with AMORC for decade or two. I have heard that the newer monographs are some what "new age"; this reflects the fact that world leadership of AMORC now originates from France.

In conclusion, I would say that the promises that were made to me in the context of the temple initiations as far as the acquisition and application of knowledge are being fulfilled. AMORC encouraged personal research and an intuitive approach to synchronistic paradigm transformation that has been of great value to me.

I write this in partial fullfillment of an obligation/promise I took during one of the above mentioned temple initiations.

Very thoughtful reflection, thank you for sharing it! Would you like to elaborate on the connection between France and "new age"? I thought that was mostly a North American phenomena...?
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  darktcmdoc Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:38 am

Khephra wrote:
darktcmdoc wrote:4) Although I have a full set of the "old monographs" I have not been in touch with AMORC for decade or two. I have heard that the newer monographs are some what "new age"; this reflects the fact that world leadership of AMORC now originates from France.

Very thoughtful reflection, thank you for sharing it! Would you like to elaborate on the connection between France and "new age"? I thought that was mostly a North American phenomena...?

In the late 70's and onward, the French AMORC's equivalent of the Rocicrucian Supply Bureau was selling a plethora of of non AMORC books on alternative healing, geomagnetics etc. and were encouraging their members to buy.

As far as public demos go, the French Grand Lodge was more specialized in "Way of the Heart" type of semi-kabalistic Martinist magic and sort of weak in the American AMORC "mind over matter" demos.

The French Grand Lodge had no instruction Bureau per se. I would say that if a member had difficulties with some of the monograph experiments, they would be likely to hit the new age books that the French Grand lodge promoted.

darktcmdoc

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:26 am

Interesting! I have a colleague who has been in AMORC for several decades and he's a bit New Agey... I thought maybe it was a West Coast thing, but maybe not!
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:25 pm

darktcmdoc wrote:

1) The original materials published by H. Spencer Lewis were somewhat different from the subsequent materials published when his son Ralph Lewis became involved. These materials can be found in some of the Digimob's releases.

Where can I find the old monographs to download them?

Back to top Go down

Post  darktcmdoc Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 am

mc_deathmask wrote:
darktcmdoc wrote:

Where can I find the old monographs to download them?

I think digimob has some of the old Lewis materials.

I was told that someone put up the French monographs; I was never able to find them.

darktcmdoc

Back to top Go down

Post  darktcmdoc Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:32 am

ankh_f_n_khonsu wrote:Interesting! I have a colleague who has been in AMORC for several decades and he's a bit New Agey... I thought maybe it was a West Coast thing, but maybe not!

Which brings us to the delicate question; what is new agey ?

darktcmdoc

Back to top Go down

Post  worlock93 Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:34 am

darktcmdoc wrote:

I was told that someone put up the French monographs; I was never able to find them.

Let me know if you still want them, I'll set them up a torrent for you. I was actually going to do that a long while back, but I think that was when I was having internet problems and I forgot. I have monographs for the postulant and part of the neophyte, as well as all the monographs for temple degrees from 1-8 all from the early 40's (still searching for the rest of the neophyte and ninth+ monographs!) and I've compared them to the french ones. Though my french is fairly poor, there appears to be quite a few differences. So I'm inclined to think these french ones are later (maybe even the current ones) in use in the French speaking parts of the world. The number of monographs per section is different and the neophyte section uses the "atrium" delegation, which I believe is a later convention (though I may be wrong). Anyhow those are just my observations take them as you will Wink

Last edited by worlock93 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
worlock93
worlock93

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:30 pm

worlock93 wrote:
darktcmdoc wrote:

Let me know if you still want them, I'll set them up a torrent for you. I was actually going to do that a long while back, but I think that was when I was having internet problems and I forgot. I have monographs for the postulant and part of the neophyte, as well as all the monographs for temple degrees from 1-8 all from the early 40's (still searching for the rest of the neophyte and ninth+ monographs!) and I've compared them to the french ones. Though my french is fairly poor, there appears to be quite a few differences. So I'm inclined to think these french ones are later (maybe even the current ones) in use in the French speaking parts of the world. The number of monographs per section is different and the neophyte section uses the "atrium" delegation, which I believe is a later convention (though I may be wrong). Anyhow those are just my observations take them as you will Wink

I'm currently trying to unravel a little mystery. I have a complete set of lectures from a group called the "Mystic Brotherhood University" who were located in Tampa, Florida. So far I've discovered that this group split off from AMORC in 1931 and survived until the 50's. In an old issue of AMORC's "Rosicrucian Forum" I discovered an article that attacks this group for publishing AMORC's material. It's interesting because AMORC was headquartered in Tampa after leaving New York and before settling in San Jose when this group came about. Yet I've been unable to find any history related this time period in AMORC's development or what led to this group factioning off. Anyhow, just figured I'd mention this for the sake of anyone who might find it interesting.

Yes please, are those in english? believe me i'd really appreciate that .... let me know... I've been trying to look for them for years now... Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  darktcmdoc Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:07 am

worlock93 wrote:
darktcmdoc wrote:

I'm currently trying to unravel a little mystery. I have a complete set of lectures from a group called the "Mystic Brotherhood University" who were located in Tampa, Florida. So far I've discovered that this group split off from AMORC in 1931 and survived until the 50's. In an old issue of AMORC's "Rosicrucian Forum" I discovered an article that attacks this group for publishing AMORC's material. It's interesting because AMORC was headquartered in Tampa after leaving New York and before settling in San Jose when this group came about. Yet I've been unable to find any history related this time period in AMORC's development or what led to this group factioning off. Anyhow, just figured I'd mention this for the sake of anyone who might find it interesting.

Yes, I would be interested in the scanned monographs that you have; have you scans of the french, english of both sets of monographs ?

It is my understanding that the first set of French monographs were translated by Jeanne Guindon (sp), the first French AMORC Grand Master. After her transition, further translaltions were done by the late Raymond Bernard.

I am some what curious if your fouties monographs are similar to the set I have.

Darktcmdoc

darktcmdoc

Back to top Go down

Post  worlock93 Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 pm

darktcmdoc wrote:

Yes, I would be interested in the scanned monographs that you have; have you scans of the french, english of both sets of monographs ?

I just have digital copies of the french ones. The old english ones I have were collected over a few years of looking and looking and looking (and still looking and looking) Laughing The few newer english ones I have were those giving to me when I was a member. I will set up a torrent of the french ones when I get home from work later and send you the link.

It is my understanding that the first set of French monographs were translated by Jeanne Guindon (sp), the first French AMORC Grand Master. After her transition, further translaltions were done by the late Raymond Bernard.

I've searched through these to try and figure out where they fall in the AMORC timeline, but there's no dates, on anything.

I am some what curious if your fouties monographs are similar to the set I have.

I can probably scan a couple if you're interested in comparing. The postulant ones I have were easy to date as the original owner was kind enough to pencil in when they first received them on their inner covers. Amusingly, they are also printed on this thin fragile paper, with a note on the cover explaining the lack of materials due to the war effort or something to that effect. Laughing
worlock93
worlock93

Back to top Go down

AMORC materials Empty thank you..

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:35 pm

please let us know Smile

Back to top Go down

AMORC materials Empty Pondering.....

Post  darktcmdoc Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 am

Some interesting reads, for those who can access some of the older esoteric materials from fraternal societies in the late 19th and first half of the 20th century;

http://magicoftheordinary.wordpress.com/resources/

IMO, although this is not my field of "expertise", it almost seems as if some fairly advanced materials were released and distributed to different sources.

doc

darktcmdoc

Back to top Go down

AMORC materials Empty Amorc Monographs Digital Copies

Post  jlynch Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I would be greatfull if you could forward me a link to the old monographs. I might have some newer ones that you're interested in.

jlynch

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  liong Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 am

jlynch wrote:I would be greatfull if you could forward me a link to the old monographs. I might have some newer ones that you're interested in.

I have old monographs until Temple Degree, which the genuine from HSL works. If u have the new one, so contact me @ <<< EDITED OUT FOR INDIVIDUAL'S SAFETY >>>

Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do NOT post your email address on a public forum!!! Use Private Messages for that!)

liong

Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jlynch Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:17 pm

check your email

jlynch

Back to top Go down

AMORC materials Empty email not working

Post  jlynch Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:39 pm

My email sent me error message which states that your account dosent exist. Do you have another email.

jlynch

Back to top Go down

Post  liong Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:36 pm

jlynch wrote:My email sent me error message which states that your account dosent exist. Do you have another email.

Okay, try this one : <<< EDITED OUT FOR INDIVIDUAL'S SAFETY >>>

Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do NOT post your email address on a public forum!!! Use Private Messages for that!)

liong

Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  nalon Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:54 am

liong wrote:
jlynch wrote:I would be greatfull if you could forward me a link to the old monographs. I might have some newer ones that you're interested in.

I have old monographs until Temple Degree, which the genuine from HSL works. If u have the new one, so contact me @ <<< EDITED OUT FOR INDIVIDUAL'S SAFETY >>>

Dear Fellows,

I have just registered in DIGIMOB with the intention to find some AMORC MATERIAL and read your chat, It would be great if you also send me the link; My e-mail <<< EDITED OUT FOR INDIVIDUAL'S SAFETY >>>

Last edited by Admin on Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Do NOT post your email address on a public forum!!! Use Private Messages for that!)

nalon

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Back to top Go down

AMORC materials Empty Absorbed

Post  mindaround Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:57 pm

FYI this person now indicates that he has joined AMORC and taken oaths not to reveal their information. Another blow for openness.
mindaround
mindaround

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  factseeker Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Regarding the AMORC monographs Temple 1 to 9.

Are they still available. I knew some AMORC old timers about 25 years ago who had copies. Those people have since died.

My understanding is there are the original HSL 1930's set, the original Ralph Lewis set, the revised Ralph Lewis set and the current French translated set.
I am interested in the original Ralph Lewis set. Some may call the original Ralph Lewis set the HSL set. From my understanding the HSL set are those available as a free read at AMORC.

According to the AMORC old timers the HSL monographs were only read out in lodges; it was Ralph Lewis who started posting the monographs to home members.
Apparently those monographs are the ones Garry Stewart is using.

factseeker

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  worlock93 Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:01 am

factseeker wrote:Regarding the AMORC monographs Temple 1 to 9.

Are they still available. I knew some AMORC old timers about 25 years ago who had copies. Those people have since died.

My understanding is there are the original HSL 1930's set, the original Ralph Lewis set, the revised Ralph Lewis set and the current French translated set.
I am interested in the original Ralph Lewis set. Some may call the original Ralph Lewis set the HSL set. From my understanding the HSL set are those available as a free read at AMORC.

According to the AMORC old timers the HSL monographs were only read out in lodges; it was Ralph Lewis who started posting the monographs to home members.
Apparently those monographs are the ones Garry Stewart is using.

Not exactly. Originally the AMORC teachings were taught in lodges, but as the membership expanded this became unfeasible so HSL created the monograph system and begun mailing out the teachings. He made it to about the middle of the ninth temple degree before his death in 1939. Ralph Lewis then took over and added more monographs, finishing out the ninth degree and beyond until he died in 1987. Shortly there after the entire monograph system was redone and all monographs were rewritten (either horribly or fantastically depending on who you ask). While Ralph Lewis didn't write those below the middle ninth degree he did make some minor altercations to them over the years for clarity and what not, which HSL did himself over the years.

What you're calling the "original HSL monographs" (I'm guessing?) are the CroMaat monographs. These were just supplementary material mailed to members during the lodge only teaching period, though they are probably the inspiration for the monograph system.

So what you actually end up with are the CroMaat monographs, the H. Spencer and Ralph Lewis Monographs, the H. Spencer and Ralph Lewis monographs edited at various time by one or the other, and the new shitty monographs written and translated by Bernard's peeps. Stewart's organization is distributing some version of the HSL/Ralph Lewis period of monographs with his own idiotic statements added so he can feel important.
worlock93
worlock93

Back to top Go down

Post  factseeker Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:18 am

I was a member of AMORC for 25 years. For the last 5 years of my membership I was paying membership dues out of loyalty. Circumstances changed due to bad health and accepting a redundancy package from my workplace. Due to the death of Ralph Lewis and the corporate battle with Steward which lead to an in house bickering in Australia, AMORC changed for the worse. They became financially greedy. I was not in a financial position to keep paying a membership fee for monographs which I lost interest in. I resigned about 12 years ago. AMORC Australia wanted the monographs returned and I obliged.

Recently I encountered the new mandamus monographs on WikiLeaks. Frankly; there is no improvement over the 1970’s edits that I had in my possession. The reason I asked about the Lewis edition, after CroMaat edition and before 1970, is that I encountered a number of posts on various forums that someone had digitized the monographs and released them for public download. From what you are saying that does not seem to be the case.

AMORC was in my first 10 years of membership a teaching method which suited me. Life and knowledge does not stand still. AMORC simply did not keep up with social progression and knowledge. Ralph Lewis once said that there was a time and a place for AMORC members stop reading monographs and move on. There is a good productive life after AMORC. Human nature being what it is and my curiosity, if the Lewis editions were available, I was interested in reading the earlier monographs.

factseeker

Back to top Go down

AMORC materials Empty copy of the AMORC monographs

Post  brothermanontario Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum and would be very interested in a set of the rosicrucian monographs. I was a member twice before but I just can't afford the membership dues. I have been working on my own for years and would really like to finish them as the ones I had were quite helpful.

Thanks very much.

kbrown614@rogers.com

brothermanontario

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  factseeker Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Don't waste your time or money on pursuing AMORC monographs.

There is no historical evidence that AMORC is nothing more than a Californian registered two tiered non-profit corporation.

There is no historical evidence that the Fama era Rosicrucian hierarchy wrote or practised an AMORC style monograph study discipline.

You will not find copies of the AMORC monographs. Every subject contained in the AMORC monographs is in the public domain. If you want to persist in the AMORC path then the only option is to pay the AMORC membership fee.

OR

Type in all the summaries of your existing monographs into a computer and cross reference them with the available public domain information; you will achieve enlightenment sooner than you think.

factseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next