Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMORC - need information.

4 posters

Go down

AMORC - need information. Empty AMORC - need information.

Post  Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi, this is my first post. I'm thinking about joining AMORC. What can you guys tell me about this order?
Is it really a mistery school?
do they teach hermetics and kabbalah?
what about magick?
is it a sect? or a scam?

In general words... what can I find within the order?

Back to top Go down

AMORC - need information. Empty Re: AMORC - need information.

Post  amandachen Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:26 pm

If you've already done any sort of occult study, then you'll likely find AMORC overly simplistic. I wouldn't call it a scam, just a waste of time and money.

They make hilarious claims in that little booklet of theirs, 'The Mastery of Life', about all sorts of famous people who were supposedly members. The edition I saw, about 24 years ago, even listed Egyptian pharaohs!
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadrianswall Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:15 am

Maybe there are some folk working within the ‘AMORC current’ here who could answer in detail any doubts or questions that you have, but here’s my opinion.

AMORC used to be OK for learning the basic skills of occultism VERY slowly, but even that has been filleted out now. (There was in a big split in 1990, and AMORC’s lessons were rewritten as the focus changed slightly)
As a social group it maybe functions fine but if you are looking to make headway in your occult studies I would look elsewhere.

If you read and do the work presented by Ramacharaka (William Walker Atkinson) including his book on Rosicrucianism you will have gotten a LOT of the information to be found in the AMORC monographs. (obviously you will not be part of the group current – but then maybe that’s not such a bad thing)

Ultimately it is a choice that only you can make. If the material and its packaging resonates deeply with you, then go for it.

Hadrianswall

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

AMORC - need information. Empty AMORC - need information.

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:49 am

Thanks for the replies. I wonder what you mean by "focus"... what's their focus now?... not going to find hermetics or kabbalah within the order?
Someone told me they are going "new age" now.....

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:26 am

mc_deathmask wrote:what's their focus now?... Someone told me they are going "new age" now.....
That characterizes the current here in NW Canada. If you really wanted to show some initiative, you might go through the main temple in San Jose. Wink
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

AMORC - need information. Empty amorc

Post  opal Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:47 am

well a bit to late but anyway ....

in my opinion the problem is a completly different one:

the moment you join an order or a group: you make yourself dependent from that order / group;
first ev. runs smooth you join sone SOL, AMORC, golden dawn bulshiters ...

but esp if you like the teachings, your spiritual developement gets a deep "cut" if you ever should have a problem with the order itself or some members in your region; (or if the order dicontinues like so many new groups)

in yoga - for example ( I lived long time in india and studied for the yoga acharya training) its not so much about teachings (and those which exist are available for free - or you can buy a book) but daily practise and it works, whatever you believe, it works for everyone;

amorc: the teachings are wonderful; its not true that its simple exercises, (this is the trick .... those who only have the monopgraphs dont see the importance of - for example - exercise 3 - in combination with psychic projection - alnd later - assumption) only a spiritual "greenhorn" thinks that, if you really know what they mean buy "assumption", psychic projection" e.g. there´s nothing more effective out there, without bullshit "magick" rituals;

amorc exercises work, I have been a member since almost 20 years, and I can guarantee that assumtion, projection und even invisibility work; the assumption can become so powerfull that you get instant knowledge out of the cosmic, and esp weaker minds will automatically "serve" you .... which is not black magic but as it is - you might notice all of a sudden that you can "becom" someone else and heal them, help them do the right thing or even you)

but you need in addition the oral tradition AND the initiations; without initiations you dont "unlock" the teachings and all you have at home is .... paper ..... and in the 9th temple degree forum, artisan or adytum as well as the yearly teachings - you get trained in every detail - in psychic projection, telekinesis, aura reading, telephacy, prophecy, invisibility and even materialisation;

but: it takes time, it is an inner understanding which doesnt come overnight;

and this is why this exercises - which look so simple and basic - are the real ones ... and all this ritual magick ..... is nonsense;

even in yoga - just the mantra so hum ... breathing in and out ... is one of the stronges exercises .... and will connect you to the cosmic with all the siddhies included like OBEs, foresight, seeing auras eg .....

but you cant learn in out of a book! you need a mantra initiation, a teacher who really teaches you "reality" day by day, teaching you how to activate chakras and invite kundalini to "enter" ....

but this takes time, and is done by SIMPLE exercises - you do DAY by DAY, not complicated evocation rituals for aged grufties ...

same with amorc - simpe exercises - done day by day - together with rituals, initiations and oral teaching;

problem: if you should have problems with some of the members and want to separate from the group .... you are left behind without support and you will be unable to continue; (jn yoga you simply search for another teacher, your sadhana (spiritual exercise) is clear and together with mantra it is all you need;

much worse with SOL - they just search for yes people, no criticism is allowed, some of the senior adepts have only been members since 2007 (for example soma in australia) .... afterbeeing in amorc so long it was easy for me to see and feel - how little she knew about qabalah, she was so happy to join sone pendulum group with dolores .... oh my god .... this is kindergarden stuff ...

so be carefull in staying INDEPENDENT! Amorc´s teachings are - in my opinion - the most developed ones in the west, just that the order is already "old" and many of the "wise ones" are not there any more; monographs have been changed - still good and modern;

Keep away from all this golden dawn, bota, sol groups as they work with material with is not correct - dont waste time with "self initiation" in golden dawn ...

alternativley to amorc (which all in all I still can recommend - as long as you are aware that it will take time and you might get trapped in the way you dont like your regional group and have still 10 years to go to finish 12th degree) try the satyananda yoaga way ...

how serious are you - how bad do you want it? then 2-3 years in india shouldnt be a problem?!

just my opinion, hope it helps someone,

serapis

opal

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:32 am

If you've invested a lot of time and money in a system, then probably you would think it's great.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

AMORC - need information. Empty yes and no

Post  opal Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:00 pm

well I invested also a lot of time - visiting G.D. groups, books eg. ...was VERY dissapointed from heindel, lectorium rc, sol, bota, Hogd and many others ... nothing but intruiges, lies, sectlike teachings and weird people;

amorc was the only group in the west where it was not that bad - and i got something out so far, all the other groups have been attended by quite immature weird people; SOL was the worst so far, invested a lot of time just to find out - its not the right thing;

as I had OBE´s and other experiences since I am a child ... and a bad illness which showed me even with 5 years - that life´s coming to an end one day and one ll loose everything - I was more interested in art, music, spirituality than roboting, working, studying and money ...

for me the amorc exercises of the 7th, 9th 10-12th degree work, and as they are described without ritual but in a meditative / experimental way - I can easily combine it with all the yoga sadhana; also here in melbourne (before in vienna) there is still a good amorc group / TMO group;

till today - wherever there are people - there is "lodge politics", greed, jealousy .... also in amorc - but what is important - that you get something out of your personal studies;

without initiations and oral tradition - just reading the monographs - it wont work ...

amorc is more like the bakthi yoga path ....

and also in idnia you will always experience "masters" who sleep with the completly uncritical naive female students - people who make money with their ashram and sell stupid western people "god" like we sell them coke ....

important are

the old P1 - P3 monographs about trust .... if you really understand that - u will achieve everything
psychic projection
assumption
cloud (not only for invisibility and materialisation . but first hand as a doorway to other realms!)

most people do not understand the importance of these exercises at all;

but still: one has to think if he / she wants to commit to a 20 year study in a group; otherwise if you are not sure, just live your life, travel, paint, make music and love ....

just writing this as there is so much missleading information by irresponsible people - who just read a little bit here and there and then think they know ...

opal

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down