Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests

+6
ankh_f_n_khonsu
sendoshin
Khephra
Admin
amandachen
amp23
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests Empty Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests

Post  amp23 Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:14 pm

This seemed like the most appropriate sub-forum, please excuse if it's not.

Huge thanks to digimob for making it possible to not only replace my recently lost occult library, but increase its size by more than 700%

Mega-Torrents:

• (digimob) Student of the Occult Mega-Torrent - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Student of the Occult Mega-Torrent #2.1 (A - G)* - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Student of the Occult Mega-Torrent #2.2 (H - K)* - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Student of the Occult Mega-Torrent #2.3 (L - Z)* - (The Pirate Bay)
    * Mega-Torrents #2.1-3 comprise of submissions digests #1-15

Special Releases:

• (digimob) Golden Dawn History - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Nastyswan Occult Library #2 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Psi Literature Update #1 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) NLP Update #1 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Philosophy Update #1 - (Torrent Reactor)

• (digimob) Phil Hine & Chaos Magick Update #1 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Viridarium Umbris: The Pleasure Garden of Shadow - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Black Flag - Naughy Nun New Media - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Companions of the Stone Archive - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Andrew Chumbley - Azoetia and Qutub - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Michael W. Ford - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Poke Runyon - The Rites of Magick (DivX) - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Poke Runyon - The Magick of Solomon (DivX) - (The Pirate Bay)

Submission Digests:

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #1 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #2 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #3 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #4 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #5 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #6 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #7 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #8 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #9 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #10 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #11 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #12 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #13 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #14 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #15 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #16 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #17 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #18 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #19 - (Torrent Reactor,)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #20 - (Torrent Reactor)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #21 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #22 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #23.1 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #23.2 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #24 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #25 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #26.1 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #26.2 - (Torrent Reactor)

enjoy!
-amp

amp23

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests Empty Re: Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests

Post  Khephra Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:46 pm

Amazing contribution! Cheers! Very Happy

Now, with The Pirate Bay's demise looming (see TorrentFreak), we might want to add in some redundancy... anyone have ideas on how we might effectively do that?
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests Empty Re: Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:25 am

Agreed! Excellent contribution! Very Happy

Khephra, what do you mean by 'redundancy'?
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 pm

ankh_f_n_khonsu wrote:Khephra, what do you mean by 'redundancy'?

He's either talking about making some sort of backup, or telling you you're fired.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:53 am

amandachen wrote:
ankh_f_n_khonsu wrote:Khephra, what do you mean by 'redundancy'?

He's either talking about making some sort of backup, or telling you you're fired.

Ha! Definitely the former! Very Happy What I meant was that we might want to include links to multiple instances of the digests. For example:

• (digimob) Student of the Occult Mega-Torrent #2.1 (A - G)* - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Student of the Occult Mega-Torrent #2.2 (H - K)* - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Student of the Occult Mega-Torrent #2.3 (L - Z)* - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)
    * Mega-Torrents #2.1-3 comprise of submissions digests #1-15

Make sense now Question
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 am

Khephra wrote:Make sense now Question

Yes! Very Happy I'll see if I can't contribute a few when I get the opportunity...
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:58 am

amp23 wrote:Huge thanks to digimob for making it possible to not only replace my recently lost occult library, but increase its size by more than 700%

Huge thanks to you for your substantive contribution!

Admin
Frater Digimob Teknikos

Number of posts : 74

https://digimob.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:21 am

Here's some more links for the 'special release' section:

Special Releases:

• (digimob) Golden Dawn History - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Nastyswan Occult Library #2 - (The Pirate Bay, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor)

• (digimob) Psi Literature Update #1 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) NLP Update #1 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Philosophy Update #1 - (Mininova, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Phil Hine & Chaos Magick Update #1 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, Torrent Reactor)

• (digimob) Viridarium Umbris: The Pleasure Garden of Shadow - (The Pirate Bay,  Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Black Flag - Naughy Nun New Media - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Companions of the Stone Archive - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Andrew Chumbley - Azoetia and Qutub - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Michael W. Ford - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Poke Runyon - The Rites of Magick (DivX) - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Poke Runyon - The Magick of Solomon (DivX) - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:18 am

Rounding out the digests:

Submission Digests:

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #1 - (The Pirate Bay, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #2 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #3 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #4 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #5 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #6 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #7 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #8 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #9 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #10 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #11 - (The Pirate Bay, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #12 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #13 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #14 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #15 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #16 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #17 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #18 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #19 - (Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #20 - (Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #21 - (The Pirate Bay)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #22 - (The Pirate Bay, isoHunt, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #23.1 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #23.2 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #24 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #25 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #26.1 - (The Pirate Bay, Mininova, isoHunt, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)

• (digimob) Occult Mob’s Submissions Digest #26.2 - (Mininova, Torrent Reactor, Sumo Torrent)
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:08 pm

• (digimob) Occult Mob's Submissions Digest #27.1 (Kick Ass Torrents)
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Using the DigiMob digest search engine, I discovered that a large portion of the files that were supposedly re-released in Mega-Torrent 2 in fact only exist in the original release. I haven't even been able to find archive files that might contain these missing files within the three-part mega-release. So it might still be a good idea to grab the earlier .torrent's if you want to have a complete library of the occult.

- Sendoshin
sendoshin
sendoshin

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://digimob.freewebhostx.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:43 pm

sendoshin wrote:Using the DigiMob digest search engine, I discovered that a large portion of the files that were supposedly re-released in Mega-Torrent 2 in fact only exist in the original release. I haven't even been able to find archive files that might contain these missing files within the three-part mega-release. So it might still be a good idea to grab the earlier .torrent's if you want to have a complete library of the occult.

I wouldn't doubt it if there've been gaps. If they get identified, we'll get them re-released in another digest. Smile
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:20 pm

I'll PM you the Excel spreadsheet I made that lists the non-duplicated files.

- Sendoshin
sendoshin
sendoshin

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 am

• (digimob) Occult Mob's Submissions Digest #27.2 - (Kick Ass Torrents)
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:24 pm

As a side note, each of the official torrents is not only included in the Release Index (see the link in the navigation bar at the top of the page), but a link to the .torrent file on the Index server is also included. When you find a file you're looking for, simply click the name of the digest in the Digest column (go figure!) and you will have the .torrent file for that digest. This will always be the case, since the database is filled based on the contents of the .torrent files to begin with. So if you can't find the digest you're looking for, try the Release Index.

It's our own bit of built-in redundancy. Smile

- Sendoshin
sendoshin
sendoshin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicky Lubu Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:31 pm

should we have uploads on demonoid.com as well? i dont really use piratebay too much : /
Nicky Lubu
Nicky Lubu

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Frater_NS Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:58 pm

no demonoid is a private tracker.

Frater_NS

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicky Lubu Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:32 am

k : /
Nicky Lubu
Nicky Lubu

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Enigma Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:06 am

"should we have uploads on demonoid.com as well? i dont really use piratebay too much : /"

i see no point why we (or at least i) shouldnt post these torrents on demonoid, im an active member there as well as at theoccult.bz and ul/dl things of this nature all the time. demonoid is both public and private, private in the sense that you have to be a member of the site to dl the .torrents and post in the forums etc, but public in that the public can access and dl from demonoid's trackers, IF they can get their hands on the actual .torrent files. i can dl a torrent from the site, and pass out copies of the .torrent file to friends etc and place the dl links on my websites, and once the public dl's it they can dl from the trackers just as easily as a member. the difference is that they wont get ul credit on the site, thats all. demonoid isnt truly private, cuz private means that ONLY members can both dlthe .torrent files AND use the trackers. and demonoid also uses external trackers as well, like piratebay. some of their torrents are tracked by both external and internal trackers too. dont underestimate the power of demonoid, its one of the largest torrent sites around for a reason, and i know for a fact there are 1000s of members there that would gladly dl digimob's torrents via the demonoid links if someone were to post them on demonoid. well, thats my 2 cents. and yes, i am a new member here. sorry for the short one sentence intro Smile i already have the entire digimob collection, took me over a month to get it all but it amounted to over 100 gigs. a lifetime of reading in itself, and thats not even counting the other occult content i already had from other sources.

one more question, when does digimob release its next digest? im eager to get it. ive also noticed that there are a handful of small torrents which, for some reason, are NOT listed on the Release Index page. i happened upon them, while, you guessed it, searching demonoid and piratebay. they had the .txt files with digimob's name and FAQ listed so thatss how i know. of course, anyone could have modified the contents of the torrent and reupped it.
Enigma
Enigma

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:18 pm

While Demonoid doesn't employ a closed tracker, it does employ a closed website. The goal and purpose of this project is openness and free availability of information - using a closed website as a primary release point runs counter to this purpose, and therefore we have chosen not to use Demonoid in any official capacity. More trackers does not mean more availability.

Of course, this doesn't stop others from uploading our .torrents to Demonoid, or indeed to other private sites.

Enigma wrote:one more question, when does digimob release its next digest? im eager to get it.
Yesterday, actually. There's a link to the .torrent file on the News page.

Enigma wrote:ive also noticed that there are a handful of small torrents which, for some reason, are NOT listed on the Release Index page. i happened upon them, while, you guessed it, searching demonoid and piratebay. they had the .txt files with digimob's name and FAQ listed so thatss how i know. of course, anyone could have modified the contents of the torrent and reupped it.
This is because they are not released by our Release Team. They are taken from our official digests and re-uploaded as new releases, though with our text files so as to give us credit. These are normally more focused than our own digests, which contain all of the material we've collected and received since the previous release. While we don't have a problem with people re-releasing our content, we also have nothing to do with these re-releases, and therefore do not list them in our Index. They are all re-releases of existing content anyhow, after all.

The "over 100 gigs" bit has me a bit confused as well - even with yesterday's Release (#29.1), we only have 88.13 GiB of material. I suspect that some of the 100 GiB consists of these unofficial re-releases?

It also sounds as though you have a large collection of material we haven't released yet. Would you be willing to contribute this material to one of our future releases? We're trying our best to make as much information freely available as possible, and we need as much help from our readers as they can give to make that happen.

Look forward to seeing more of you around!

- Sendoshin
sendoshin
sendoshin

Back to top Go down

Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests Empty In Reply To Sendoshin

Post  Enigma Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:21 am

"While Demonoid doesn't employ a closed tracker, it does employ a closed website. The goal and purpose of this project is openness and free availability of information - using a closed website as a primary release point runs counter to this purpose, and therefore we have chosen not to use Demonoid in any official capacity. More trackers does not mean more availability."

I would have to disagree with you that more trackers doesnt mean more availability. But in any case, i was searching Demonoid earlier today and found exactly 6 torrents by digimob. 5 had "digimob" listed in the title of the torrent, the last one was about the confessions of Crowley, didnt mention digimob's name in the torrent title, but did list digimob's FAQ and email/info in the file listing. I'm assuming these are all unofficial. the titles of each are as follows:

(digimob) Robert Svoboda - Aghora 3 books (LHP, Tantra)
(digimob) What You Should Know About the Golden Dawn (Israel Regardie)
(digimob) Crowley - Thoth Tarot Deck (Hi res scan)
(digimob) Golden Dawn Tarot (Wang, Cicero, Whare Ra...)
(digimob) Wang - Qabalistic Tarot
The Confessions of Aleister Crowley - An Autobiography

i also noticed that digimob specifically states in either the FAQs or the file that contains your email address (cant remember which) that digimob has some torrents listed in demonoid's Paranormal catagory, which leads me to believe that you guys either posted these yourself, dispatched someone else to post them, or that they were released by someone else without digimob's authorization. dont know which one, and it really doesnt matter. either way, they were all posted (exxcept the last) by a user named "niceswan" (a pun on nastyswan, which apparently is both a username here and the title of one of your torrents). the last was posted by a user named "tiklabang".

so what i'm basically asking is, do you not want/are opposed to having ALL of your torrents posted on Demonoid? im quite surprised that all of them arent posted there already. this wouldnt stop users from dl'ing your torrents from non-demonoid trackers like TPB etc, but it would also give demonoid's interested users a chanced to dl your torrents via demonoid's trackers (which tend to be well seeded by the way, unlike most of the other public trackers) as well as the public trackers. not only that, but non-demonoid registered users would be able to dl digimob's torrents via demonoid trackers and the publics (all at the same time), or just the publics only in most cases if they choose to dl the .torrent files from this website. i see it as a way of giving digimob even more exposure, and you would have even one more avenue of distributing your materials by leveraging the power of many. so, if your not opposed to having me (since it looks like noone else isgoing to do it, or they would have already) post all yourr torrents on demonoid, then i'll gladly do so, given some time ( a period of months). i promise i wont bastardize the materials by altering the files in any way, removing mats, or adding to it, with the possible exception of maybe adding a file saying that i've been given permission to do so on digimob's behalf. to be quite honest about it, ive only been a demonoid user for less than a month, after trying for more than a year, unsuccessfuly, to either secure an invitation or wait for the public registrations to open. but i lucked out and my patience paid off. i will say that they have some very interesting stuff there in a broad range of categories, and probably hundreds of thousands of torrents listed. the wait was well worth it. ig any of you are maybe interested in an invite then just ask, ill see if i cant secure one for you either from me or one of my friends. i havent yet posted any torrents there myself and have a low upload ratio so far, and am eager to build up my rep/ratio there and help out digimob in the process, esp considering all this valuable info i've gotten from your group. i want to help advance the occult as much as possible, andd help show the world that most occultistss, are not, in fact, a part of the evil illuminati worldwide conspiracy, as many believe us to be. also, how many users here are curently demonoid/theoccult.bz members? if so i'd like to know, maybe we can hook up and share knowledge. i havent been involved with the ocult to a deep extent, but am looking to learn about it and the deeper i go the more interested i've become. ive found that its turning out to be a lifelong interest and practice for myself.

"Yesterday, actually. There's a link to the .torrent file on the News page."

just noticed that today,before reading your post, am currently dling it and will seed for at least 24 hrs when finished. will do the same with the upcoming 29.2 release.

as for the names/titles of the unofficial torrents you speak of, i'll try to list those in the next few days, as well as who ul'ed them, and where. then you can perhaps consider officially endorsing them, or at least officialy acknowledge their existence,even though they werent originally created by you, and adding them to your Release Index. after all, not everyone wants to dl a huge megatorrent just to get to a few select files. i just have to go thru my files first and get the names, as well as delete duplicate files. my pc currently has a upper max of 1500 gigs of space, about 500 of which are occupied by torrents that are of an occult/ philosophical/ religious/spiritual nature. will run out of space soon tho, will be going to the store soon to buy several external terabyte drives so i can stuff more torrents onto them. at the rate i dl info, both on my home pc's and on my seedbox, i'm sure all that will fill up in a matter of months. i'm basically just looking to aquire a massive library with info of this type. as for actually reading it all, i've started on it, but i know i'll never be able to review it faster than i can dl, unless i learn how to speedread..................lol.

"I suspect that some of the 100 GiB consists of these unofficial re-releases?"

most likely, yes, altho i will note that most of those unofficial releases (less than a gig) were small, so maybe i slightly overestimated. but adding in 29.1 and 29.2 will bring that figure closer to 100 Smile

as for my non-digimob stuff,alot of it came from demonoid and theoccult.bz. i am free to take all of the demonoid content and distribute it as i wish and to whoever,which means that i can eventually send you a list of what i have and you pick what you want and rerelease it. but i think you want the mats emailed, i would say thats a very inefficient way to get the individual files to you, since some are quite large and practically all email providers have an attachment file size limit. a more efficient way would be for me to place the files on my private ftp server (which is only accessible to me and some close friends/family) and you then log in, dl the entire lot, and sort thru all of it. another way would be for me to release it in the form of a torrent via either or both demonoid and piratebay etc and then you dl it, at which point i would immediately delete the torrent from the sites (TPB is more ideal for this, as demonoid has a more strict policy in regards to users removing their torrent once its posted). but really, ftp would be faster because the files woold be statically available so long as they remain on my harddrives and arent moved to another location on the disk until you are finished dling. ftp speeds also tend to be more stable, and sometimes higher, than torrenting. plus dling the files via ftp is better since i dont really plan to distribute them to the world myself, i only plan to provide them on a one time basis to digimob for each new listing of files that i send.as for theoccult.bz mats, some it i can distribute freely while some i cant because its available there on a restricted basis, and they dictate to whom certain stuff can be handed out to and whom can dl it (the members i mean, as well as who, and what, the members can give to others). if you break this rule then you risk being banned permanently.

as a sidenote, i am wondering if you guys can tell me where i can dl mats from sacred-magick.com. they have one of the largest occult collections in the world, but their memberships are superexpensive. but i've talked to members , they say the library is the best they've ever encountered and worth the cost. prob is, i cant find anywhere on the Net groups that distribute their mats.ocassionally i find something small but their mats being released by others seem to be rare,even on theoccult.bz. SM is very agressive about making sure that others dont distribute their stuff, so they can get asmuch business as possible. so can you tell me where i can find stuff specifically from them.

well, gotta go, consider this post as an intro as well, albeit long. cant really help it most of the time, i just feel a need to elaborate alot.
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:02 pm

More seeders means more availability. Trackers just make it simpler to find seeders.

As for the unofficial torrents, we have a few policies that apply to this situation:

1: Release Format. DigiMob is a digest release project. We do not specialize in providing specific information in discrete units. We are a library, and provide our materials as such. There are multiple options for obtaining specific materials, should that be your goal. Most torrent clients these days will allow users to select which files to download and which to ignore. If a user isn't sure how to limit the download list, they can either look it up in the help/FAQ for their client, or they can join theoccult.bz. Much of DigiMob's content has been re-released (or independently released) there already anyhow, so users wouldn't miss out on much. There are also various non-bittorrent sources for occult materials that anyone could use, if they chose.

2: Attribution. We didn't create these specific releases, so we won't take credit for them, even if others try to give it to us. We aren't in the business of taking credit for the work of others - even in our releases we do our best to attribute each work to its author/creator. Since our Release Index is a list of official releases, including these other downloads would be, in our opinion, wrong.

3: Duplication. Adding unofficial releases to the Index would cause even more duplicate entries than we already have. We didn't have the Release Index available until the very end of last year, so a lot of files were released more than once. The Mega-Torrents (Occult Carrot, and Student of the Occult Mega-Torrent #2[.1/.2/.3]) are themselves intentional re-releases of the first 15 numbered releases and the named ones (though some material did slip through and wasn't re-released at all). This results in a large amount of duplicate entries in the Index, which is simply a waste of space on a server that has a very low limit. We won't remove these duplicates, however, because they are part of the releases in which they are listed, and the goal is a complete list of every file we've ever officially released. That being said, we'd still like to keep the duplication to a bare minimum.

Because of these policies, we won't add the unofficial releases to our Index. You mentioned something about granting these torrents official status, but that is another thing we won't do. Official is not a status; it is a description. We define an official release as a collection of files assembled and released by the DigiMob Release Team. Since these torrents would not meet our definition of official, they cannot be included.

We did, in fact, use demonoid in the past, as you have noticed. This project has been running for several years, and many of our older releases were done in a time when trackers weren't locked down yet. We stopped when they started requiring membership to download the torrent files, closing a part of their service. The fact that part of their service is open is irrelevant while part of it is still closed. Still, as I mentioned previously, although we will not officially release our torrents on demonoid, if our users re-upload our torrents through their service, then so be it. We are not interested in restricting where the information goes once it leaves our hands. That, too, would be a contradiction to our ideal of open availability. I do have one bit of advice, however. If you do re-upload any of our .torrents to demonoid, do not add or remove any files, even just to say "I have their blessing", as this would create a new torrent hash, and effectively a completely different torrent. Use demonoid's torrent comments feature instead. This will allow everyone to share seeders and leechers, rather than just those who have the demonoid version of the .torrent file. Keep in mind, however, that while we will not condemn the uploading of our .torrents to demonoid, we cannot sanction it, either. If it was something we encouraged, we'd probably do it ourselves.

But of course, if you want to, we won't stop you.

FTP is fine, as is the use of file hosting services found around the 'net. Our Release Team uses a psuedo-hybrid service called Wuala to get all of the submissions to the Release Cutter, so there's another option. We do understand the restrictions placed on our readers by their disciplines and other sources of occult information. We will never ask someone to break or ignore a vow just to get us more content. We also, however, won't shun, disrespect, or report anyone who chooses to do so of their own accord. Thelemites might appreciate this policy more than most other occult organizations. Smile

Can't say much about sacred-magick.com, other than some of their material is already in our digests. They may have higher-quality versions than ours, but I wouldn't personally know.

We appreciate - and share - your enthusiasm. Please keep it coming!

- Sendoshin
sendoshin
sendoshin

Back to top Go down

Post  Enigma Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:36 am

"More seeders means more availability. Trackers just make it simpler to find seeders."

yes.......................and the ppl at Demonoid who would be dl'ing your torrents would be even more likely to seed cuz we have ratios to worry about. they wont necessarily kick you for having a low ratio, but it does look bad in the eyes of other members. that therefore increases the availability, not just to demonoid members dl'ing the torrents, but also to others too, so long as i dont change the contents at all by adding or removing stuff. to us at demonoid, seeding is even more important than it is for someone dl'ing at piratebay or whatevr other public tracker. i've noticed alot of TPBers (and others) like to hit and run, they'll download and then snatch the mats as soon as it finishes. if i were digimob i'd be releasing the torrents to as many public and private trackers as possible, on the basis that the more ppl that are made aware of the torrent's existence, the more ppl that will download the files, therefore potentially increasing the # of ppl seeding, and in turn, the mats become MORE AVAILABLE. of course, with privates only their members will be able to use their trackers, but it still increases the overall availability of digimob releases. it makes perfect sense. screw what their policy is, the point is to increase awareness of your releases by hitting all the trackers you can. but i can see that digimob's refusal to do so has everything to do with the belief that the mats shouldnt be officially (by digimob) ul'ed to demonoid and other privates that arent fully open to the public in all aspects, so i'm not going to argue about it. you guys run the show, not me. just pointing out some flaws in your logic.

"There are also various non-bittorrent sources for occult materials that anyone could use, if they chose."

can you point some of these out? i havent been able to find many of them, hence the reasons why i turned to torrents in my search for occult material. and what i've found is nothing short of a goldmine. i also utilize Usenet/newsgroups for dl'ing various stuff, but havent found much occult mats there either.

also, it wouldnt hurt to simply add the .torrent files for the unofficials to your release index, if not only the ones that contain stuff not included in your releases. you dont even need to index the files of these unofficials, thereby eliminating the duplication you speak of. just simply put them in a separate category with the Unofficial label, and dont index the actual files.

"If you do re-upload any of our .torrents to demonoid, do not add or remove any files, even just to say "I have their blessing", as this would create a new torrent hash, and effectively a completely different torrent. Use demonoid's torrent comments feature instead. This will allow everyone to share seeders and leechers, rather than just those who have the demonoid version of the .torrent file."

that was what i had in mind. also, since you havent explicitly said that i can or cant ul the digimob torrents there, then i plan to start posting them within the next month, and all content will be identical to what you would get if a user only dl'ed the torrent via a public tracker.

as for the ftp thing, i and my friends would need to set up a username and password specifically for the digimob release team so you guys can log in and download.i would set it up so that anything i would want you to have access to will all be contained in one directory on my disk, with all the various files being scattered into subfolders within that folder. that way, you can just look thru everything and pick and choose what you want then rerelease it. we add new stuff every day from the torrents and so it wont hurt to log back in every once in awhile to browse the new stuff. the directory and all the subfolders will be read-only, meaning that digimob would be able to dl only, and not change the directory contents by deleting (accidently) or adding anything. i could also use file hosting services like Wuala if i want to, but see no point since the files are already on my disk and wont need to be moved or otherwise uploaded to a host if i just give you ftp access. be aware tho, that your dl speeds may be slow at times,my internet connection is online most of the time but not necessarily fast in regard to overall ul speed. just contac me (either you or one of the other admins) within the next 2 weeks and i'll get it set up. whenever you're ready.

that's all for now.
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post  Whitewolf Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:08 pm

October 6, 2010

Hi!

I have a question for you. I have some articles and books which I think would be quite popular (for occult reasons and for reasons of exposing corruption). How would I be able to make these available via torrent (on digimob and other sites). How complicated is the process of creating new torrents?

Thank, Whitewolf (Paul)
Whitewolf
Whitewolf

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Back to top Go down

Occult Mega-Torrents and Submission Digests Empty In Reply To Whitewolf

Post  Enigma Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:30 am

have you already scanned your materials into digitized format? if not, do so. but i'll warn you, the process can be tedious and difficult. i havve a scanner and the appropriate scanner and document conversion software here at my house, so i can take any book and turn it into an ebook. but the process of turning a book into an ebook can take hours, and i'm a busy guy so i dont have that kind of time, so i usually just pay professionals to scan all my books for me. i pay them and they give me the ebooks on a usb flash drive or whatever. just a few weeks ago i paid them $350 to scan about 35 books. i asked them how long it took, they said about 6 hours for all of them. i mainly use the scanner for smaller stuff like business documents, not books. as for creating a torrent of all your materials, it shouldnt be too hard.just go to google and type in something like "how to create and seed a torrent". to make the files availoable to download, you would first need to create the .torrent file and then upload to somewhere like The Pirate Bay, Mininova, etc.
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next