Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Whence Cometh the Demons?" -

Go down

"Whence Cometh the Demons?" - Empty "Whence Cometh the Demons?" -

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 pm

This isn't necessarily LHP, but... Suspect

Another by way of Plutonica.net - See Frater Barrabbas for more:

Whence Cometh the Demons?

I am doing some intensive research lately on a topic that I have, off and on, continued to study and puzzle over for many years. I have known the answer in my head, perhaps intuitively, to the question “whence cometh the demons”, which is a fancy way of asking the question about the origins of what we in the occult refer to as demonic spirits.

The history of demonic spirits is quite fascinating, particularly since there doesn’t seem to be one actual source. Modern western definitions of these spirits are derived from Christian demonology, a specialized branch of theology. Demons are defined as malevolent spirits and represent a united faction opposed to God and his angels. However, this was not always the case, since the dualistic nature of demons vs. angels appears to have its roots in Zoroastrianism. Since Christianity is a synthesis of the Hellenistic and Semitic cultures of the Greco-Roman and Jewish religions, then our search should naturally begin there. Whatever theological perspectives the medieval church promoted about demons won’t shed much light on their origins and antecedents. Also, the earliest Christian magical grimoires, such as Liber Juratus and the Ars Notoria, not to mention the Heptameron, appear to omit any mention of demons. We have to examine Jewish contemporaneous occult and magical sources in order to find the earliest magical use of demons. So one might think that Christian occultism borrowed the concept of a hierarchy of demons, one which the magician could use to conjure, constrain and make use of their associated powers.
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down