Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Occult Apps

4 posters

Go down

Occult Apps Empty Occult Apps

Post  sic.sick6 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:20 am

Do u guys have a collection of Occult Apps? I cudnt find any...

If not let's make a collection...

There are all sorts of apps out there.. for Astrology.. tarot and numerology.. evn more.. thats just all I know...

I'll start making a collection only if they will be put into the DigiMob collection..

sic.sick6

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Occult Apps Empty Re: Occult Apps

Post  Khephra Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:52 am

We had an astro-app in a digest some time ago and although it worked, it turned out to have a trojan in it. At that point, we figured we'd just avoid .exe's outright. Apps that have been verified might be a bit different, if there was an interest...
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sic.sick6 Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:04 am

i'm not sure the if there are malware in the apps or not... I take them from Warez forums...

so never mind..

peace

sic.sick6

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:57 am

Is there something super-yummy that you'd like included? There are several very robust, "professional grade" astro-apps out there...
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  sic.sick6 Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:59 am

i wouldn't know which ones are the best.. if u can tell me the good software I can get them..

sic.sick6

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Welcome, sic.sick6!

Gotta jump in here: Has anyone here checked the open source community for this kind of stuff? I'm no astrology expert, but have a look: http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=astrology

I've used Maitreya, for example, for a while (though I should also admit that I rarely consult charts for any reason and never take them too seriously) and found it a pretty excellent program.

Seriously, I'm not sure that including warez in digimob is a good idea in the first place (Actually I think it's a very bad one: digimob is not competent to make its own cracked releases and will thus be dependent on other warez groups -- Why not simply let the user download from them directly from them at his/her own risk?), but I have my doubts that it's even necessary to for users to download warez if they want good software for esoteric/magickal use. What esoteric things can be done with non-free software that cannot be done with free software? If there's really a list, I'd be willing to bet that the open source community could start working on it lickety-split (in fact, I could maybe get the ball rolling myself). But I doubt there's much of a list to begin with.

Personally, I think a "links/resources" page in some future digimob website would be the best way to treat this. That could even include (legitimate) links non-free/libre software. Visitors would then know what non-free programs are available and recommended. From there, I'm sure that anyone who can download digimob torrents can find warez torrents if they want to.

neutralrobotboy

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-12-23

http://www.namelessnumberhead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:19 pm

Neutralrobotboy, the voice of reason. Very Happy
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:56 am

Khephra wrote:We had an astro-app in a digest some time ago and although it worked, it turned out to have a trojan in it.

LOLZ
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down