Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novice- Enochian magick

3 posters

Go down

Novice- Enochian magick Empty Novice- Enochian magick

Post  Remedy Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Hello,

I want to start studying and practising Enochian magick seriously; I want to build it up slowly, step by step, the saturnal way. So I've looked into beginner books for enochian magick. I don't know how many there really are but these are the ones that I found: Enochian magick for beginners by Donald Tyson, Enochian Vision Magick by Lon Milo DuQuette, An Advanced Guide to Enochian Magick by Gerald Schueler, Advanced Enochian Magick: A Manual of Theory, Training, and Practice for the Novice and the Adept by Frater W I T. Which one should I begin with? Are there any other books for novices?

Another question; do I first need to study the angelic language before proceeding to the rituals?

Anyway I want to begin with Enochiana and hopefully you guys could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance study

Remedy

Remedy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Novice- Enochian magick Empty Re: Novice- Enochian magick

Post  amandachen Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Ok, you've got some books about Enochian magick, so read through them.

As for studying the Enochian language, it's not as if someone is going to tell you, "Oh, here's how we count in Enochian, got that? Now here are some common nouns. And here's some basic grammar. Then this is how tenses work in Enochian..." It's not really a fully-formed and complete language.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Remedy Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:31 am

Ok thank you amandachen. Smile

Remedy

Registration date : 2010-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Ehuatl Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Hello Remedy,

additionally to the books you listed I'd suggest reading into the works of Benjamin Rowe. Also, I'd look into the more traditional hermetic-qabbalistic stuff, maybe Agrippa, to get a feel for where Dee started off.

What I'd really recommend though ist to have a look into the original manuscripts of Dee: There is nothing that allows you to study something as seriously as the primary sources. If you really want to study Enochian, there's no way around them and in my opinion they're as good a place to start as the beginner books - though I've to admit it's probably best if you can complement the one with the other.

Cheers
Ehuatl
Ehuatl
Ehuatl

Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down