Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Ghost tour through lunatic asylum?

3 posters

Go down

Ghost tour through lunatic asylum? Empty Ghost tour through lunatic asylum?

Post  digicamghosts Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 am

Hi all, what would you say to a ghost tour through a West Virginia lunatic asylum known for its paranormal activities? If this catches your interest, do read the following article. You will surely find it interesting. Do let me know if you have already taken the ghost tour.

http://www.marshallparthenon.com/life/west-virginia-lunatic-asylum-nationally-recognized-for-paranormal-activity-1.2159169

digicamghosts

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Ghost tour through lunatic asylum? Empty Re: Ghost tour through lunatic asylum?

Post  Khephra Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:12 pm

If I were to fly somewhere for a vacation, I think an asylum in WV might fall a rather far down the list of places I might consider... It'd cost me less to fly to Hawaii than WV, for example. Wink
    Khephra
    Khephra

Number of posts : 897
    Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  digicamghosts Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:01 am

LOL! You are not interested in ghosts, Kephra? I wonder if it is a place I would care to go myself; but I am very curious about ghosts.

digicamghosts

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Every place you go has its fair share of paranormally-influenced locales. The island of Oahu - the part of the Hawai'ian chain that houses Honolulu and Pearl Harbor - has quite a few. I never managed to make it to any, since they were mostly areas that are closed by state law after sunset, and my work schedule kept me on base until at least then. But the quality of the hauntings is doubtless at least on par with this location in WV.

Still, organizing globally-coordinated occult-themed events might not be a bad idea, if we could get a large enough group of ... well, groups working together to arrange and fund something like that. The biggest issue preventing such a thing is the nature of many of the groups themselves, and the desires that many of us here have for at least a small degree of anonymity. There are already numerous esoteric workshops around the world, and most occult-related groups have their own ideas on secrecy and the ideal nature of large gatherings. I don't know how eager the various Freemason groups would be to organize an event where Golden Dawn and Ordo Templi Orientis initiates would be in attendance. I personally think it would be cool as hell, but I'm not the vast majority of occult practitioners or organizations.

I wonder how much desire there would be for some sort of "EsoteriCon"? Maybe someone else has already started one? Come to find out, there are at least two separate events that could - somewhat - fit the bill. Esotericon was scheduled in the American Southeast (Georgia, I believe) for 2005, but ended up being canceled due to insufficient registration. Esoterikon (with a K this time) is scheduled for July 2-4 of this year (2010) in Washington, DC, the US capital. Their focus is "hidden histories" as opposed to the wider range of esoteric topics, but they do have a slight grasp on the idea. I'm sure there are other groups out there I don't have the time to search for at the moment, but I still have to wonder if we could maybe do better...

- Sendoshin
    sendoshin
    sendoshin

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://digimob.freewebhostx.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down