Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Everyone :)

+5
paganchick
amandachen
neutralrobotboy
Khephra
ezavan
9 posters

Go down

Hello Everyone :) Empty Hello Everyone :)

Post  paganchick Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am a 24 year old mother of one and full time college student from pa, USA. I am majoring in alternative medicine and plan to apply to Naturopathic medical schools upon receiving my BS. I enjoy reading, writing, computers, esoteric and occult studies, energy healing, and spending time with friends and family. I am always looking to meet new people that share similar interests to chat with so feel free to PM me if you would like to know anything else. Smile
paganchick
paganchick

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone :) Empty Re: Hello Everyone :)

Post  Khephra Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Hi Paganchick! Welcome! How is naturopathic medicine perceived over in PA? Here in Canada the federal government frowns on it, but there's huge public support and dozens of practitioners of alternative medicines in major urban centers. In the US it's a little different, of course, but how is it perceived there in PA?
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 am

Hi and welcome!

neutralrobotboy

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-12-23

http://www.namelessnumberhead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:57 am

Hello! Very Happy

Is it just me, or does anyone else think we could use more A) females and B) pagans around here?
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ezavan Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:42 pm

welcome! glad you wandered into the forum, hope you can teach and learn. i'm actually just becoming interested in hand-healing, so expect a list of ridiculous questions soon Smile

western occultism has a long and unfortunate history of misogyny, so yes it would be good to involve more females - to both reduce the solar/phalic emphasis of magickal practice and balance psychic influence on the development of magickal techniques. needing more pagans....eeeeeeeh....i guess it's good to have as much variety in members' backgrounds as possible, i sometimes get really down on "neo-pagans" tho - maybe this sounds rude or self-important, and i apologize if it is, but one of the most annoying things in my life is accidentally thinking i can discuss my practice with somebody, only to find that they are a ridiculous new-ageist who wants to convince me of the "truth" underlying their unwieldy beliefs or wants to use me as a sounding-board for ideas that are patently absurd. to be fair, i've run into that same problem with disciples of more "hard-line" occultists too. i guess the important thing is to keep a sense of humor and never assume that anything is true.
ezavan
ezavan

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:37 pm

ezavan wrote:i guess the important thing is to keep a sense of humor and never assume that anything is true.
Agreed! Very Happy However, I'm an advocate of Robert Anton Wilson's "Cosmic Schmuck Principle", so maybe my bias is seeping through again. Wink
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:44 pm

ankh_f_n_khonsu wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else think we could use more A) females and B) pagans around here?
Not just you. Wink
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:45 am

Is it just me, or does anyone else think we could use more A) females and B) pagans around here?

Yeah, we seem to need some help with gender balance 'round these parts at the very least. I think there's just Amanda, and she seems to be so discordian it's hard to even take her seriously even about being female.

neutralrobotboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:22 pm

neutralrobotboy wrote:Yeah, we seem to need some help with gender balance 'round these parts at the very least. I think there's just Amanda, and she seems to be so discordian it's hard to even take her seriously even about being female.
I dunno if Amandachen has self-identified as Discordian or not, but regardless, IMO Discordians add a healthy dose of comedy to most endeavors. Smile
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:10 pm

I dunno if Amandachen has self-identified as Discordian or not, but regardless, IMO Discordians add a healthy dose of comedy to most endeavors.

Hehe. I regretted my choice of words pretty much immediately after I posted that, but decided to leave it and wait for someone to say something. No, she's never said as much. I think the only connection in my head is that her sense of humor has reminded me of a number of discordian friends of mine. I like it, myself. Makes 'er an enigma, though!

neutralrobotboy

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:55 am

Hello paganchick, dear.

And a note for the boys: it's not nice (or safe) to talk about me behind my back.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:04 am

amandachen wrote:And a note for the boys: it's not nice (or safe) to talk about me behind my back.

affraid
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 pm

And a note for the boys: it's not nice (or safe) to talk about me behind my back.

Took you long enough! Well, if we've offended you, that's a result of my own carelessness and nobody else's, so I apologize. I shall make it right, madam!

neutralrobotboy

Back to top Go down

Post  paganchick Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 am

Khephra wrote:Hi Paganchick! Welcome! How is naturopathic medicine perceived over in PA? Here in Canada the federal government frowns on it, but there's huge public support and dozens of practitioners of alternative medicines in major urban centers. In the US it's a little different, of course, but how is it perceived there in PA?

In PA the isn't any state licensure for naturopathic physicians. However, almost the entire new england region and the entire west coast of the US, do license naturopathic physicians and in states in which there is licensure, everyone's insurance covers naturopaths the same way as they would an allopathic (MD) physician. So needless to say I will not be living in PA after finishing school. Also there are only four naturopathic medical schools in the US. But the public awareness is definitely growing so I have a feeling within the next ten or so years we are going to see a major shift in all of the states. Hopefully Smile
paganchick
paganchick

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone :) Empty Thank You

Post  paganchick Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:19 am

I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome! Just to clear up a few questions though, I don't consider myself to be too new-agey. Although, I'm sure I am guilty of some new-agey practices. lol I call myself an eclectic pagan as I am still trying to find the exactly right niche in which I feel that I fit into. However, I know more about wiccan philosophy than western occultism or ritual magick, although I have always wanted to learn more about ritual magick and western occultist. I am glad if I help to balance the sexes as well Smile
paganchick
paganchick

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadrianswall Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 am

Hi paganchick, welcome to the forum Smile

It is a path of the heart so I wouldnt worry too much about what name to give it.

Hadrianswall

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:31 am

paganchick wrote:I However, I know more about wiccan philosophy than western occultism or ritual magick, although I have always wanted to learn more about ritual magick and western occultist.
Wicca grew out of ceremonial magick, so you might be familiar with more ceremonial magick than you think. Wink
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone :) Empty I suppose

Post  SoyCello Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:11 pm

its a good thing that was said in a public thread Wink
"And a note for the boys: it's not nice (or safe) to talk about me behind my back."
SoyCello
SoyCello

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-27

https://www.facebook.com/SoyCello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:32 pm

ankh_f_n_khonsu wrote:
paganchick wrote:I However, I know more about wiccan philosophy than western occultism or ritual magick, although I have always wanted to learn more about ritual magick and western occultist.
Wicca grew out of ceremonial magick, so you might be familiar with more ceremonial magick than you think. Wink

Totally agree with you Smile
Gardner took a lot of stuff from ceremonial magick

Back to top Go down

Post  mattias74 Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:13 am

paganchick wrote:Hello Everyone,
I am a 24 year old mother of one and full time college student from pa, USA. I am majoring in alternative medicine and plan to apply to Naturopathic medical schools upon receiving my BS. I enjoy reading, writing, computers, esoteric and occult studies, energy healing, and spending time with friends and family. I am always looking to meet new people that share similar interests to chat with so feel free to PM me if you would like to know anything else. Smile

WOW

When I read this I just got the feeling that You are the one I should live with - if you are alone that is , i am in sweden and share the same interests hehe.

mattias74
mattias74

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum