Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Thelemic Rosicrucianism" -

3 posters

Go down

"Thelemic Rosicrucianism" - Empty "Thelemic Rosicrucianism" -

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:35 am

Via Panshiva:

One of the fundamental principles of the Rosicrucian tradition is healing. In the Fama Fraternitas, the base text Rosicrucianism is based on, is the Exhortation to be willing to "Heal the Sick, and that Gratis."

In a recent conversation with several Thelemic friends I proposed, that true to its Rosicrucian Heritage, Thelema promises a path to Healing via the method of Liberty and Discipline. By offering people methods and tools to discipline and integrate themselves (Through Yoga and Ceremonial Magick) as well as realize their Life's purpose, Thelema points towards making "greater wholes" out of individuals who embrace its methods. That said, on the whole, Thelema and many involved in its efforts, seem to lack a Healing Intention.

The Healing Intention in Thelema might then be seen from the point of view of it's origin in Geburah. It is the Alchemical Vitriol which works to burn away the dross of the Soul on it's path torwards illumination in the radiant light of the True Will. This "Burning" can be a form of Healing,(as is the case in forms of Shamanic and yogic purification) but it is not the gentle and tender hand of Chesed often associated with the beneficence of the Healer stereotyped in our current culture.

Regardless, both the Healing Intent of Geburah and Chesed, in balance lead to the illuminated heart of the Sun. The Sun, once reconciled in the forces of Mercy and Severity, becomes the vehicle for True Healing and Integration in it's radiance of over flowing, superabundant Beauty.
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

"Thelemic Rosicrucianism" - Empty Re: "Thelemic Rosicrucianism" -

Post  Sascrunch Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Interesting post. Certainly toward the end of AC's life, he spent some time "playing doctor" with his "Elixir of Life". However, in my 20+ years of interacting with Thelemites (and speaking as one), I can't say that I've found very many who are interested in helping others, let alone healing them!

In my R+C lodge, however, we perform regular group rituals with the intention of healing friends and loved ones, and I find it quite rewarding, as well I've witnessed success from this.
Sascrunch
Sascrunch

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Sascrunch wrote:However, in my 20+ years of interacting with Thelemites [...], I can't say that I've found very many who are interested in helping others, let alone healing them!
Sadly, me too. Sad
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down