Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russell Crowe To Star In Bill Hicks Biography??

3 posters

Go down

Russell Crowe To Star In Bill Hicks Biography?? Empty Russell Crowe To Star In Bill Hicks Biography??

Post  iacchus Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:37 pm

From Aint it Cool News

Russell Crowe is apparently deep into developing a biography of the genius Texas comedian Bill Hicks, who passed away in 1994.

The 44-year-old New Zealander tells the Sydney Morning Herald:

"I have another project based on the life of comedian Bill Hicks, which is going from treatment to draft stage with Kiwi writer Mark Staufer."

The Herald elaborates:

It is understood [Crowe] is considering playing the main role of Hicks — a controversial and brilliant American comedian who battled drug and alcohol abuse before dying from cancer at 32.
iacchus
iacchus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Russell Crowe To Star In Bill Hicks Biography?? Empty Re: Russell Crowe To Star In Bill Hicks Biography??

Post  Khephra Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 pm

When I came across a blurb for this new biopic my tongue hit the floor. Somehow I don't think Bill would be happy... but then maybe he would, given that it's more of his legacy...

Did you catch "Outlaw Comic"?

Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Russell Crowe To Star In Bill Hicks Biography?? Empty Re: Russell Crowe To Star In Bill Hicks Biography??

Post  iacchus Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:20 am

yeah, I caught that on the TRIO channel, back when it existed. Thanks for a link to the copy though. Good stuff.
iacchus
iacchus

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  emperorzombie Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:29 pm

imagine if he lived to see the bush jr. election. he may have went the curt cobain route. bill was quite literally 10 years ahead of his time.

a comedic legend only a few americans know about.

apparently the only other person censored on the letterman show was elvis, and they only edited his hips/lower half. obviously a precursor to all the beer commercials to come.
emperorzombie
emperorzombie

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down