Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Missing KBL in the WET

3 posters

Go down

Missing KBL in the WET Empty Missing KBL in the WET

Post  RChMI Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:16 pm

I noticed an absence of Kabbalah listed within the Western Esoteric Tradition forum. Perhaps some feel this was already covered by the inclusion of Qabalah in the Western Magickal Tradition forum, or that some essentially see no difference in the two and merely see the distinction as semantic?

I view these two systems as distinct and separate from one another. Both may use the Tree of Life glyph, and the Hebraic Alphabet, but the manner in which they are utilized distinguishes them from each other to such a degree that they are almost incompatible to one another. One could be seen as that of Jewish Mysticism, and the other as that of Hermetic Occultism. Even the numerics of the root wording of the two systems distinguishes one from the other. i.e. the root word of Kabbalah of KBL (tradition) which is 52, and the root word of Qabalah is QBL (received) which is 132.

RChMI

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Missing KBL in the WET Empty Re: Missing KBL in the WET

Post  Hadrianswall Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:08 am

There are indeed many types of Kabbalah/Qabalah/etc. and many types of Kabbalistic studies. Some use the Tree of Life, some do not. To avoid over bloating the forum it is necessary to make some generalisations. I think that the spelling alone in the ‘post title’ would alert the reader as to where you are coming from. But out of interest what would you consider a more inclusive title for the forum?

Also, there is also an 'esoteric Judaism section': https://digimob.forumotion.net/esoteric-judaism-f72/
    if you would prefer to post your insights there.

: )

Hadrianswall

Number of posts : 209
    Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:34 pm

We could have Cabbala, Kabbalah and Qabala sub-forums... Do you think those topics aren't adequately included within the existing framework? Or, perhaps a set of sub-forums specifically devoted to *abala?
    Khephra
    Khephra

Number of posts : 897
    Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down