Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

greetings everyone!

5 posters

Go down

greetings everyone! Empty greetings everyone!

Post  Tricky Wed May 20, 2009 2:06 am

I've found this site via the torrents in ThePirateBay

Thank you so much for putting so much material so readily available for us poor people, there's no way I could buy so many great books, my budget is rather limited nowadays.

My interests are very diverse, I've dabbled with chaos magick, been reading a lot of Mr. Crowley, but don't particularly like him or his approach. The Golden Dawn approach fits me better I guess. My latest experiment was with a bit of Goetia, but I'm not sure about the results, and I haven't had time or mental space to do a bit more of DMT, have a very special relationship with some denizens of those dimensions. (what a strange feeling to have said all that in one paragraph, feels like I've opened a part of my soul, don't think I've ever said these things in public)

I hope I can learn much from you...

Tricky

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

greetings everyone! Empty Re: greetings everyone!

Post  neutralrobotboy Wed May 20, 2009 5:42 am

Welcome aboard! And about not having said these things in public: Probably a wise move. The odds of people in public being able to make any kind of sense out of it at all are pretty slim.

But hey, we're all enthusiasts of one kind or another on this board, so I guess the theory is that we can all learn from one another. At least that's how it seems to me.

neutralrobotboy

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-12-23

http://www.namelessnumberhead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Wed May 20, 2009 2:53 pm

hello dear
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Welcome, Tricky!

Have you found any of Digimob's releases especially helpful to your practice?
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky Sun May 24, 2009 2:04 am

Yes Khephra, I'm just starting to download some of it and checking out the video material in the latest releases too.

These forums are also an incredibly good resource, I used to lurk in alt.magick but 99% of it was flames. Reading a thread here made me realize why I stopped trying to get the GD system to work. Or rather, why I couldn't get it to work...

Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Wed May 27, 2009 12:39 pm

I think most of the crew aims to do our best to lay the foundations for a solid community, but that comes down to individual transactions and individual priorities. Wink

What aspects of the GD system did you find ineffective?
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky Thu May 28, 2009 3:12 am

Nothing with the GD per se, but rather the self initiation the ciceros were promoting awhile ago, I did try it, and my spiritual life was enriched by it, but it didn't have any lasting power or transformative power, well, not what I was expecting anyways, I've been initiated into the mysteries by a shaman before that, and always been a "freeform" explorer, but realized that systems are there because having the structure and time-tried methods at your reach are an invaluable tool... well, it turns out I didn't get much out of my GD experience as I would have wanted to. Maybe next time I cross the pond and go to London, I should seek some proper initiation.

Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Thu May 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi Tricky! Welcome!

There are un/sanctioned GD temples all over the place, but they rarely advertise. Have you exhausted local options?
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky Sun May 31, 2009 1:04 am

there are no local options, I'm based in central america and the only thing I've found over here is a freemason lodge, not exactly what I'm looking for and they're quite lost as to the whole rite meaning thing... or they simply won't tell...

Altough the states is closer, I don't have a visa and I don't think I want to head there anytime soon, but I do go to europe every once in awhile.

Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Hrm... South America, eh? Yeah, there'll be Freemasons, but I'm not sure if there are any research or magickal lodges down there. The indigenous spiritual traditions have been pretty flexible to outside influence and have remained entrenched, but so far as I know there aren't many options for initiates of the Western Magickal Tradition in South America. ... then again, I'm probably completely wrong. Such options probably exist, but I simply don't know about them.

Nonetheless, where'd you pattern your GD initiation from? Did you use the Cicero's source material?
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:05 am

well, as far as my luck has gone down, no... there aren't any options open to me down here within the western magical tradition. And as far as the shamanic path down here it is very healthy and open to those that seek it, but it's not easy to find a good shaman. A lot of swindlers and scammers, but that's truly to be expected. I got a bit tired of that, I did have a good shamanic initiation, but what I achieved so far within that field isn't really what I'm looking for. I've been interested in Zen since I was an adolescent, and also the Sufi Path, what I got out of shamanism is weather control and contact with nature spirits, which I guess in a roundabout way is where I want to go, mainly the "conversation with higher beings" path but turns out most of the nature spirits I can talk to aren't really interested in the stuff I'm interested in, with a few exceptions. The weather control is more of a parlor trick to play on friends, but lately I've learned it runs in our family too, so this was probably just awakened... this doesn't fullfill my needs, in the western path I had hoped to find a good system to get in contact with beauty and a path to a more rich spiritual life.

Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Seems reasonable enough to me. Wink

For studies in the WMT, Digimob's archive can be an invaluable resource. Very Happy
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum