Live Traffic Feed
From History of Magick:
Gerald Suster sums up occult philosophy in his book on John Dee with these nine postulates.
1. All is a unity, created and sustained by God through His Laws.
2. These Laws are predicated upon Number
3. There is an art of combining Hebrew letters and equating them with Number so as to perceive profound truths concerning the nature of God and His dealings with Man
4. Man is of divine origin. Far from being created out of dust, as in the Genesis account, he is in essence a star daemon.
5. As such, he has come from God and must return to Him.
6. It is essential to regenerate the divine essence within Man, and this can be done by the powers of his divine intellect.
7. According to the Cabala, God manifests by means of ten progressively more dense emanations: and Man, by dedicating his mind to the study of divine wisdom, by redefining his whole being, and by eventual communion with the angels themselves, may at least enter into the presence of God.
8. An accurate understanding of natural processes, visible and invisible, enables Man to manipulate these processes through the powers of his will, intellect, and imagination
9. The Universe is an ordered pattern of correspondences.
Agrippa, for instance, described the universe in terms of three worlds: the Elemental/ Terrestrial Nature, which was the physical world that could be understood through sciences; the Celestial world, which involved the stars and heavenly bodies and could be understood through astrology and alchemy; and the Supercelestial World, which involved numeric calculations and conjuring of angels.
"Sacred Activism is the fusion of the mystic's passion for God with the activist's passion for justice, creating a third fire, which is the burning sacred heart that longs to help, preserve, and nurture every living thing." - Andrew Harvey
- Age : 54
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum