Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chi Kung for coordination

2 posters

Go down

Chi Kung for coordination Empty Chi Kung for coordination

Post  audeo Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:59 am

Hello. I am a solo ceremonial magick practitioner, and am new to Chinese martial arts. (I have always been Taoist also.)
First, I wish to find Chi Kung practices to heighten physical coordination, reflexes, and (actually not so important) balance. Also important is adaptability--like, if my brain were augmented to control an artificial limb, I would become adroit with it sooner than normal. Things like this are important to me, and I feel sure Chi Kung can do this.
Secondly, this was not clear to me: Do all effects of successful ceremonial and ritual magick fall under Chi Kung?
Thank you.

audeo

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Chi Kung for coordination Empty Re: Chi Kung for coordination

Post  audeo Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:03 am

Perhaps the answer to that second question is obvious. But if anyone who practices some kind of western Qabalistic graded tradition would care to comment on the usefulness of Chi Kung please do so. I imagine it can be very helpful at least.

audeo

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:39 am

Well, these are difficult questions and require a huge essay to answer properly.

But, anyway, there are different types of qigong, aligned on a spectrum from almost purely external movements (waigong) to something focused on internal energy movements (neigong). There's no human activity that involves just internal energy movement, except when you are going through the death process. Now, non-humans might be a different matter. Similarly, all external actions are supported somehow by internal energy stuff. (And at much deeper levels of practice, there's no division into internal/external).

When you say you want to improve your balance and coordination, etc., then Western style boxing could do that, or rock climbing, or any sort of purely external activity -- some sort of hard, external martial art or qigong work.

If you want to work more on the internal side then you'll probably find you're sitting or standing still a lot, only using a more external, dynamic qigong as a warming up exercise or to work on illnesses, blocks, or whatever. This internal work is more sitting still and meditating. Most of the energy circulation exercises are done (and have to be done) with the body quite still.

You seem to be asking if you should combine Western magic, e.g. Kabbalah, with Eastern systems. Sure, you can slot some of these qigong exercises in. But if Western styles of magic are missing something, isn't it best to work with a purely Eastern system?

If we define magic as a willed action, then what do we mean by an action? An action can be something purely mental (imagined), something purely physical (e.g. body movements, speech), or some sort of combination (like in qigong or most Western-style ceremonial group work).

Assuming a god form (i.e. imagining you are a god) and performing physical actions, as in Golden Dawn style ritual, isn't so far removed from some of these neigong exercises. But the more you look at Western systems, the more you realize they're just weak (incomplete), childish imitations of Eastern tantric systems.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  audeo Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:45 pm

What would be the chi kung equivalent for the LBRP and BRH? Do you recommend any certain books or media?

audeo

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:16 am

Chi Kung for coordination 51pYaUrUSuL
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15