Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masons, I need some guidance

3 posters

Go down

Masons, I need some guidance Empty Masons, I need some guidance

Post  Nicky Lubu Tue May 24, 2011 9:12 pm

if one wants to become self initiated,
how would one go about studying masonry?
in other words what are the books an initiate would read and one of the 1st degree?
if someone can make a pocket guide to masonry, that would be grrrrrrrreat!
Nicky Lubu
Nicky Lubu

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Masons, I need some guidance Empty Re: Masons, I need some guidance

Post  amandachen Wed May 25, 2011 1:23 am

Nicky Lubu wrote:if one wants to become self initiated
Freemasonry really isn't about that. But just pick up some of the craft rituals and visualize those or whatever.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicky Lubu Thu May 26, 2011 10:20 pm

amandachen wrote:
Freemasonry really isn't about that. But just pick up some of the craft rituals and visualize those or whatever.

yes amanda, you are correct i believe the brotherhood is just for group work, but according to the history channel, the masons only group work was for the initiations into each degree. butt! to get initiated, one must learn a curriculum, is this curriculum the same as the golden dawn, just different pronunciations, symbols and colors or, is it totally different rituals?
Nicky Lubu
Nicky Lubu

Back to top Go down

Post  worlock93 Fri May 27, 2011 12:48 am

Nicky Lubu wrote:
amandachen wrote:

yes amanda, you are correct i believe the brotherhood is just for group work, but according to the history channel, the masons only group work was for the initiations into each degree. butt! to get initiated, one must learn a curriculum, is this curriculum the same as the golden dawn, just different pronunciations, symbols and colors or, is it totally different rituals?

There is no curriculum to Freemasonry. The only thing one must learn (after each initiation) is the catechisms to each degree and even those have been shortened or dropped entirely in many jurisdictions. Freemasonry is not, nor has it ever been, a magical or particularly mystical school of wisdom. Freemasonry exists to encourage men to work for the betterment of society through charity and good works, and through these works become better people themselves. The teachings of Masonry, as given to the candidate during advancement through the three degrees, uses the tools of stone masonry as an allegory for these good works. There is no such thing as self-initiation into Freemasonry as it's entire foundation is based on the idea of ancient guilds, that is, it needs a group. On the other hand, initiation into Freemasonry is not claimed to bestow anything spiritual or mystical upon the candidate. You're not tapping into an occult current, opening up your third eye, or contacting the hidden masters. If you're not being initiated into a Masonic lodge, then the initiation means absolutely nothing.

The history channel has apparently convinced you that Freemasonry is far more than it really is. You should be aware that very little is actually factual history on "The History Channel." Anyhow, the secrets of Freemasonry have been "exposed" by countless different people and are available through any bookstore and on hundreds of websites. I'd recommend google.

worlock93
worlock93

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicky Lubu Fri May 27, 2011 8:37 am

thank you for finally helping me understand. i was beginning to think i was going to have to learn a new curriculum Sad. I guess you can say history channel should be conspiracy network, they always have UFOlogy, secerets of the freemasons and who really shot kennedy? on the network lol.
Nicky Lubu
Nicky Lubu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum