Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Imagining the 10th Dimension" -

4 posters

Go down

"Imagining the 10th Dimension" - Empty "Imagining the 10th Dimension" -

Post  Khephra Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 pm

This animation illustrates the concepts presented in chapter one of the book Imagining the Tenth Dimension, by Rob Bryanton.

Recursive infinities make Zeno cry. Wink
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

"Imagining the 10th Dimension" - Empty Re: "Imagining the 10th Dimension" -

Post  Sascrunch Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:30 pm

I love that video! I found it on StumbleUpon a while back.
Sascrunch
Sascrunch

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  ezavan Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:21 pm

thank you for posting that charming pseudoscientific animation! i always love material that encourages a person to contain "infinity" within their own minds. it reminds me of a conversation i had with my father as a child. he told me his cosmology was that there are an inconceivable number of parallel dimensions in which all possibilities have already been fulfilled, and that the sum of these dimensions is contained within a larger system yet, in which all impossibilities have also been fulfilled.

i think that understanding the currents of experimental physics can give a magician an incredible edge; not to say that the false god "science" can somehow explain all the mysteries of how we reconcile our dual natures with the singularity of our being, but it would be ignorant to deny that the collective belief humanity has invested in science gives sceintific framework great power. for instance, one of the big breakthroughs i made in the pragmatic applications of my magic was, instead of imagining a superstitious scenario of trucking with christianized demons and angels or fairy-like thoughtforms, summoning large magnetic clouds of energy which filter through the imagination as such demonic formations or creating similar fields within my own energy body and detaching them as thoughtforms. there are advantages and disadvantages of watering down imaginative magical practices into an easier "mainstream"-type filter, the advantage in my experience was confidence. putting the magic into a context i could understand and rationalize encouraged me greatly, and gave me a surge of certainty in results. the main disadvantage is also that confidence, though - the ego suddenly has a more palpable and normalized mechanism with which to distract the magical mind from its goal. my "scientific" paradigm, it's important to note, never had any real basis in science - i just sort of rode the psychic momentum which scientific rigor has accumulated.

well, that was a long unrelated paragraph, again, thanks for posting that link and i hope everybody takes the time to watch it, expand the limits of your imagination!
ezavan
ezavan

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

"Imagining the 10th Dimension" - Empty The voice in the animation

Post  SoyCello Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:14 pm

sounded very familiar, soothing tho' good watch! ty!
SoyCello
SoyCello

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-09-27

https://www.facebook.com/SoyCello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down