[ 7 ]
32% 32% 
[ 7 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 22

Which Tarot suit best represents you?

Post  Khephra on Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:26 am

Feel free to provide an explanation for your selection!

"Sacred Activism is the fusion of the mystic's passion for God with the activist's passion for justice, creating a third fire, which is the burning sacred heart that longs to help, preserve, and nurture every living thing." - Andrew Harvey
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which Tarot suit best represents you?

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 am

Neat idea for a poll. Smile
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whitemaleseekingnothing on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:13 am

...I have no framework within which to answer this question.

Whitemaleseekingnothing

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  exib on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Whitemaleseekingnothing wrote:...I have no framework within which to answer this question.
Take your pick, or invent your own. Very Happy

I answered Cups, on an amateur GD interpretation. I love ideas, which would tend to identify me with Swords, but I'm not actually much of an arguer. I took up philosophy to give myself some logical self-defense against prophets and propagandists, but I have little patience for the tight and sustained deductions of the logical mind. I much prefer heuristic to law. If I am not Swords and yet love a broad play of ideas, it might be supposed that I am Wands. I certainly have a taste for the startling recombination of disparate ideas, but I have none of the energy of Wands, none of its phallic willfulness with the world. Nor am I the least bit practical, and therefore I cannot be Pentacles; I am bad with money, disorderly with my time, chaotic in all my worldly affairs. No, I am indeed Cups. I am moved more to console someone in anguish than to resolve a logical inconsistency. I am moved more by conversational good faith than to see my ideas alone writ large or inscribed on the world. I value kindness, intimacy, intuition, play, nuance, richness, and pathos. These are not the kinds of things that announce themselves, and the world therefore knows me differently than I know myself, but these are the things that rule me. Goodness knows I have been deep in my Cups.
exib

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:35 pm

exib wrote:I answered Cups, on an amateur GD interpretation. [...]

That was a superb description and explanation.

For me, Swords hold sway - but there's definitely a strong watery/Cups component to my disposition too. Air dominates my natal chart, so a profession steeped in epistemology and pedagogy isn't much of a stretch. Some of those negative qualities associated with Swords filter through - to my chagrin - but more often(?) the strong water/Cups component contributes an overarching empathy that 'distorts' some of those abrasive tendencies. Pentacles and Wands both provided necessary points of psychological integration, but their influence is splotchy, at best.

"Sacred Activism is the fusion of the mystic's passion for God with the activist's passion for justice, creating a third fire, which is the burning sacred heart that longs to help, preserve, and nurture every living thing." - Andrew Harvey
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ezavan on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:58 am

i would have to say cups, my life is half-lived in dreams and i listen far more attentively to my intuitive and emotional aspects - i'm a true blue pisces. water figures prominently into much of my magical practice (skrying, cleansing, etc.) and its symbolism within the tarot also has a strong resonance.
ezavan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top