Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

An Introduction

5 posters

Go down

An Introduction Empty An Introduction

Post  neutralrobotboy Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:30 am

Hi everyone! My name is Seth and I'm yet another stranger out here in cyberspace hoping to help spread information relevant to real human growth through obscure and subtle knowledge.

I am interested in a wide variety of topics and try to balance skepticism and open-mindedness. For what it's worth, I consider Zen to be perhaps the single most correct widespread philosophy and practice. I have recently taken some interest in the Golden Dawn and other aspects of the "western occult tradition". I have recently also begun a study of yoga. I also have greatly enjoyed Robert Anton Wilson's "cosmic trigger" series and consider it a "must read".

In "real life," I am a musician/composer. I also write fiction when the time is right. I also do a bit of computer programming, mostly in Python these days. I am very philosophically interested in FLOSS ["Free (Libre) Open Source Software] and have a couple of open-source music-related software projects online.

Well, for now I don't know what else to write. Hope to get to know the rest of you a bit through this forum. Party on, Wayne.

neutralrobotboy

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-12-23

http://www.namelessnumberhead.com

Back to top Go down

An Introduction Empty Re: An Introduction

Post  Khephra Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:05 am

Welcome, Seth!

What type of yoga have you added to your practice?
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Here's the yoga I've incorporated into my practice: I've taken to daily doing some basic asanas to better condition myself for sitting for long periods (I think my meditative practice has suffered a bit from using the computer too much, actually: RSI). I have also taken up some basic pranayama practices. I intend to seriously begin dharana practice in the near future as well, but as things stand right at this moment, I feel that doing so would spread me just a bit too thin, so the more physical preparations are fine for now.

I am very much in the beginning stages of these practices, having only taken them up no earlier than 2 months ago.

neutralrobotboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyrd_Artist_Girl Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:38 pm

Party on, Garth!
Nice to meet you, Seth. Sounds like a good enough plan- spreading information through obscure and subtle knowledge! I practiced a little bit of Kundalini Yoga and found it very satisfying. Unfortunately my teacher moved and I haven't picked it up since. But I still use some of the breathing techniques, especially when practicing my Reiki.
Hope to chat more, and happy holidays!
Wyrd_Artist_Girl
Wyrd_Artist_Girl

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-15

http://www.deramis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadrianswall Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:45 am

Greetings Smile

I discovered RAW's Cosmic Trigger by accident in a comic shop when I was 14, and read it straight through twice. A real blessing. Smile

I look forward to reading your thoughts and insights Smile

Hadrianswall

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:53 am

Looks like Cosmic Trigger I is in the releases, but II and III are missing, so far. Perhaps one of you could provide it for the uninitiated such as myself? Wink

Been fun working with you, despite the fact that most of the work done by either of us was in relative isolation. Go figure time zones would break our contact! Still, I wouldn't complain if given the option of working together again sometime. No worries, eh?

- Sendoshin
sendoshin
sendoshin

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://digimob.freewebhostx.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:17 pm

I see no reason why we shouldn't have RAW's complete bibliography. Hopefully the missing bits will turn up. Wink
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:41 pm

sendoshin wrote:Looks like Cosmic Trigger I is in the releases, but II and III are missing, so far. Perhaps one of you could provide it for the uninitiated such as myself? Wink

Been fun working with you, despite the fact that most of the work done by either of us was in relative isolation. Go figure time zones would break our contact! Still, I wouldn't complain if given the option of working together again sometime. No worries, eh?

- Sendoshin

Strange that II and III should be missing... I'd never looked. Anyway, we'll see if opportunities to work together present themselves down the track. Right now, it's hard to picture what kind of project would suit both of our skills equally, but you never know!

neutralrobotboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down