Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Catching the Synchronicity Bug"

2 posters

Go down

"Catching the Synchronicity Bug" Empty "Catching the Synchronicity Bug"

Post  Khephra Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:58 pm

See Reality Sandwich for the complete article.

Catching the Synchronicity Bug:

Synchronicities are those moments of "meaningful coincidence" when the boundary dissolves between the inner and the outer. At the synchronistic moment, just like a dream, our internal, subjective state appears, as if materialized in, as and through the outside world. Touching the heart of our being, synchronicities are moments in time in which there is a fissure in the fabric of what we have taken for reality and there is a bleed through from a higher dimension outside of time. Synchronicities are expressions of the dreamlike nature of reality, as they are moments in time when the timeless, dreamlike nature of the universe shines forth its radiance and openly reveals itself to us, offering us an open doorway to lucidity.

Synchronicity was one of Jung's most profound yet least understood discoveries, in part because it cannot be appreciated until we personally step into and experience the synchronistic realm for ourselves. Jung's discovery of synchronicity was in a sense the parallel in the realm of psychology to Einstein's discovery of the law of relativity in physics. Because it is so radically discontinuous with our conventional notions of the nature of reality, the experience of synchronicity is so literally mind-blowing that Jung contemplated this phenomenon for over twenty years before he published his thinking about it. Jung's synchronistic universe was a new world view which embraced linear causality while simultaneously transcending it. A synchronistic universe balances and complements the mechanistic world of linear causality with a realm that is outside of space, time and causality. In a synchronicity, two heterogeneous world-systems, the causal and acausal, interlock and interpenetrate each other for a moment in time, which is both an expression of while creating in the field an aspect of our wholeness to manifest. The synchronistic universe is beginning-less in that we are participating in its creation right now, which is why Jung calls it "an act of creation in time."

To illustrate what he meant by the word synchronicity, Jung brings up an experience he shared with a patient of his. This particular patient was very caught in her head, and the analysis was seemingly going nowhere. She was stuck, trapped in the self-created prison of her own mind. Jung realized there was nothing he could do. In Jung's words, "I had to confine myself to the hope that something unexpected and irrational would turn up, something that would burst the intellectual retort in which she had sealed herself." She had an impressive dream the night before, in which someone offered her a golden scarab -- a valuable piece of jewelry. At the moment she was telling Jung the dream, there was a tapping on the office window. Jung opened up the window and a scarabaeid beetle, whose gold-green color closely resembles that of a golden scarab, flew into the room. Jung caught the beetle in his hand, handed it to her and said, "Here is your scarab."

The shock of recognition in the synchronistic moment in which Jung's patient realized her dream of the previous night was being both literally and symbolically enacted in her waking life, pierced through her resistance and cracked her defensive shell wide open. At the moment of synchronistic transmission, a fundamental shift in perception took place within her which inwardly transformed her and made her receptive in a new way. From that point on, Jung commented, "The treatment could now be continued with satisfactory results."

There was no conventional, linear causal link between the patient's dream and the beetle tapping on the window the next day. But there was clearly an equivalence and meaningful connection between the two co-related events which was not based on linear causality. In addition, the patient, as an active, egoic agent in space and time, didn't cause or create the synchronicity, which was acausal and happened of its own accord. And yet, in some mysterious way, the beetle tapping on the window was intimately related to her.

To quote Jung, "Synchronicity is no more baffling or mysterious than the discontinuities of physics. It is only the ingrained belief in the sovereign power of causality that creates intellectual difficulties and makes it appear unthinkable that causeless events exist or could ever exist. But if they do, then we must regard them as creative acts, as the continuous creation of a pattern that exists from all eternity, repeats itself sporadically, and is not derivable from any known antecedents." This quote by Jung has an interesting footnote which adds the following, "Continuous creation is to be thought of not only as a series of successive acts of creation, but also as the eternal presence of the one creative act."

Synchronicities are cystallizations in linear time of a nonlinear, acausal, atemporal process, windows into the realm outside of time and space, a world in which we ourselves are active participants in and of "the one creative act." Synchronicities are both timeless and temporal, which is to say they are possessed of a double nature with regard to time. Synchronicities can be deeply religious and mystical experiences, expanding our sense of who we imagine we are and transforming our intimate relationship with ourselves.

Synchronicities are expressions of the dreamlike nature of reality -- like with Jung's patient, our night dreams can manifest in our waking life, but also in the sense that, just like with our dreams at night, our inner process is given shape through the seemingly outer world. In a night dream, the seemingly outer dreamscape is synchronistically reflecting the internal psyche of the dreamer, as the dream is not separate from the inner world but is nothing other than the psyche within apparently externalized. There is an instantaneous correspondence between the inner and outer worlds not because they are two separate dimensions that are communicating faster than the speed of light, but because they are inseparably united as one seamless, already unified, whole continuum.
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

"Catching the Synchronicity Bug" Empty Re: "Catching the Synchronicity Bug"

Post  Chakravanti Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:59 am

As an Asperger's, I tend to notice patterns and synchronicity in all the most loose and concrete forms. It drives me insane because it tells me nothing about this world can be truly chaotic. It shows me a pattern is present where only chaos exists. Thus holding true the idea I have that chaos is not chaos but merely a limitation of perception.
Chakravanti
Chakravanti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Are you self-diagnosed or professionally identified?
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Chakravanti Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:20 am

Diagnosed Bipolar type I with possible Asperger's as a kid, and debated with doctors over it.

You know....a few years ago I was watching that bit on how AC predicted 9/11. Not to long ago I went into dariy queen and paid for a meal came to $10.13 which was funny until I went to sign the reciept and had $9.11 left...
Chakravanti
Chakravanti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down