Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crowley on Creativity -

3 posters

Go down

Crowley on Creativity - Empty Crowley on Creativity -

Post  Khephra Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:23 am

"To those of you who will begin, as I did, at an early age to be interested in creative effort, I have a word or two to say: Follow no one. Only you can lead yourself. Be open-minded and ready to reject every extraneous influence. Use your own. Talk is cheap; let others talk. Pay no attention to them or to me. Shun them and me with your self discipline. Value your freedom from the shackles of the straight jacket. A rose is a rose regardless of its position in the bush. Approach your line of activity as an individual. Be independent. There is but one law to obey, the law of freedom; and obedience to that law is liberty." - Aleister Crowley, The Revival of Magick, p. 212
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Crowley on Creativity - Empty LJ's bleeding everywhere

Post  choronzon_club Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Hey didn't I see this on LJ this morning? Twisted Evil

It's an important quote, but lacks context here. It is ironically amusing though given the meaning of the quote itself that it is taken from Crowley and then taken from LJ and soon will probably be taken from here. One quite obviously "follows" after the other. In the real spirit of this idea it would seem that an original idea and not a hackneyed out of context Crowley quote would be in order. Cool

I have to say though the RSS feed for this forum is fun. Not sure yet that I prefer it to the yahoogroup. Time will tell I guess.

choronzon_club

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Crowley on Creativity - Empty Re: Crowley on Creativity -

Post  Hadrianswall Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:21 am

choronzon_club wrote:Hey didn't I see this on LJ this morning? Twisted Evil

whats LJ?

choronzon_club wrote: In the real spirit of this idea it would seem that an original idea and not a hackneyed out of context Crowley quote would be in order

go for it!

Hadrianswall

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 pm

choronzon_club wrote:Hey didn't I see this on LJ this morning?

Possibly. I found it here.

It's an important quote, but lacks context here. It is ironically amusing though given the meaning of the quote itself that it is taken from Crowley and then taken from LJ and soon will probably be taken from here. One quite obviously "follows" after the other. In the real spirit of this idea it would seem that an original idea and not a hackneyed out of context Crowley quote would be in order. Cool

I don't think adding context is necessarily the best way to provoke conversation. Wink
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down