Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books with accounts of ‘what happened’

3 posters

Go down

Books with accounts of ‘what happened’ Empty Books with accounts of ‘what happened’

Post  SittingNow Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:58 pm

I’ve been looking through my small occult collection, and realised recently that the majority of the books I have are essentially theory.

What i’m interested in currently, is the experience. I want to see other Magicians’ (Thelamites preferably) accounts of what they experienced when performing rituals etc. After leafing through my collection, I can only find Lon Milo Diquettes ‘My
Life with the Spirits’ and Conway’s ‘Magic and Occult Primer’. Obviously, Crowley writes a lot about his experience, but i’m really interested in lesser known characters.

Any recommends?

SittingNow

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-19

Aguilero likes this post

Back to top Go down

Books with accounts of ‘what happened’ Empty Re: Books with accounts of ‘what happened’

Post  rusty100 Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:53 pm

About 20 years ago while meditating I ran into Crowley. He was stuck at the top of the personality energies (4th subplane of the mental) furiously using his personal will to progress. He was such a grumpy sod that I did not enlighten him that the heart is the way forward.

A couple of weeks later I looked at him and I must have not veiled my thoughts properly because he had progressed past the personality - not very far but enough to demonstrate that he knew that mental intent was not the way.

He still has yet to progress very far.

There may be better leaders to follow.

rusty100

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-04-22

Back to top Go down

Books with accounts of ‘what happened’ Empty Re: Books with accounts of ‘what happened’

Post  SittingNow Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:24 am

Redacted as I sounded way more rude than I intended there, sorry.

Last edited by SittingNow on Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

SittingNow

Back to top Go down

Post  SittingNow Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:28 am

I also think that if you were a little more aware of the central tenant of Thelema, you’d understand that the heart and will (in the Thelemic sense) are one and the same. So perhaps you saw your own interpretation of Crowley, or manifested your own bias as of him or something. I’ve, personally, had nothing but powerful experiences from Thelemic magick.

Anyway, can we get back to the part where books are recommended?

SittingNow

Back to top Go down

Post  rusty100 Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:00 pm

Dion Fortune's novels are largely based on her inner experiences.  Some are quite useful.

Still there is always the problem of how to tell whether a scene into which I enter is artificial, entities playing roles or even the entire scene constructed to delude me.

To tell the Real from the Unreal may actually require access to the Five Electricities referenced in the Hindu tradition.  Beyond each set of 7 subplanes can be found 5 electricities so that Reality is a 12 base system.

For example when inspecting a scene, if there are no Electricities present then the scene is a construct and not part of the Real.

This can be important for understanding dreams.

As for artificial entities, it seems that all natural entities have pulsating light-dark balance that could be represented by the yin-yang symbol.

So when I meet an entity of which I am unsure, I require it to show its light.  When it shows its light, its light-dark balance improves and it usually ceases its adverse activities.  (I also test for kingdom and plane)

All the artificial entities I have seen have no internal light.  It may be that there are artificial entities with no darkness but I have not seen any.

Sometimes a dark entity will not show its light because it is more afraid of its supervisor than of me.  If the supervisor is operating beyond soul-level it is good to have some superior being minding my back when I challenge the supervisor.

rusty100

Back to top Go down

Post  rusty100 Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:29 pm

SittingNow wrote:I also think that if you were a little more aware of the central tenant of Thelema

Is this Freudian typo?  Perhaps you meant tenet - literally something that is held.

A tenant is literally someone that holds.  

All the esoteric teaching lines that I have investigated do actually have an overlighting entity that uses the practitioners as a body for its manifestation and purposes

This of course is a problem for ancient spiritual practices as the  progress of the human race and the changes of Earth stellar alignment usually mean that the ancient practices carry the directionality of a past era.   This can be useful for humans that are still working with the learnings of that era.

Still, even if the tenant is not ancient, what is the purpose that it serves?   What is the role of humans in that purpose?

rusty100

Back to top Go down

Post  SittingNow Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:50 am

The egos on this board are overwhelming to the point that a simple question about books turns into a pit of pedantry and irrelevant exposition...if you don’t have any books to recommend, you really don’t have to butt in with pointless spelling corrections.

SittingNow

Back to top Go down

Post  rusty100 Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:02 am

>Dion Fortune's novels are largely based on her inner experiences. Some are quite useful.

rusty100

Back to top Go down

Books with accounts of ‘what happened’ Empty PRACTICAL COURSE OF OCCULT SCIENCES, FROM ZERO TO HERO

Post  Aguilero Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am

Hello,
You need to learn the practice from scratch in a precise and orderly manner.
If you like I can make to you the course.

The program I posted here is in Italian, but I can also do it in English.

SEE HERE:

Books with accounts of ‘what happened’ Corso_10
Books with accounts of ‘what happened’ Corso_11
Books with accounts of ‘what happened’ Corso_12

Aguilero

Registration date : 2013-10-22

https://runicwand.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down