Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Mcgee's Alice - Initiatiory/Healing Journey?

2 posters

Go down

American Mcgee's Alice - Initiatiory/Healing Journey? Empty American Mcgee's Alice - Initiatiory/Healing Journey?

Post  fiatlux Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:20 am

Hello pals, wanted to post this some days ago, although been busy/lazy, so I'm posting this now. Seen this videogame time ago, this is its story:

This happens after the Alice through the looking glass. Alice's parents died in an fire and she thinks its her fault because her cat provoked it by accident. After that she's gone crazy and go to a psychiatric to get treatment.

She's having some allucinations, till finally she believes she's called to Wonderland by the Rabbit who asks her to help him. Wonderland has become such a horrible place (all characters are evil, mad or repulsive in comparison to how they used to be. This is because of the Queen of Hearts and the Mad Hatter), she has to fix it all.

So she beggins a travel through different places of Wonderland defeating enemies and fixing some places (remember this is a videogame). At the end of the game, when you defeat the Queen of Hearts and the Mad Hatter Wonderland recovers its initial appearance so does its inhabitants; Alice in exchange recovers her sanity and leaves the hospital with new hopes.

You can see the trailer here:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=lG_-3T1Tljw

I post this because moreover I like this tale a lot, in the trailer of the game you see some symbols at least curious to me. She's wearing a knife as a weapon, that I don't know if it symbolizes something (I guess it's consciousness to cut through the chaos of Wonderland), but what is even rarer are the symbols she's got in her pockets (planetary ones I think. what does they symbolize?). To me it looks like an Initiatiory Journey, what do you think?
fiatlux
fiatlux

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

American Mcgee's Alice - Initiatiory/Healing Journey? Empty Re: American Mcgee's Alice - Initiatiory/Healing Journey?

Post  Hadrianswall Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:45 pm

I have always thought that video games have great potential as they do provide a total imersion effect on the consciousness as well as a high degree of interaction.

Unfortunately, I dont think that American McGees Alice is much more than a hack and slash (McGee has said as much himself). Still, as some can see God in a grain of sand, if it rocks your boat, cool. Let us know your interpreations of the game as you go through it and any insights or 'wow' moments it brings you.

on a side note, In the 90s, E.J.Gold (author of 'the American Book of the Dead') was trying to develop a virtual reality game designed to help recognise and navigate the Bardos, Bardotown, I think. Dont know what happened to it though.

Hadrianswall

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

American Mcgee's Alice - Initiatiory/Healing Journey? Empty Re: American Mcgee's Alice - Initiatiory/Healing Journey?

Post  fiatlux Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:39 am

I gotta try the game I've only looked up at some reviews Embarassed Yet as you say the tale from Alice in Wonderland is very evoking to me. albino Found on Google some rumours about Lewis Carroll being a freemason and that he was on drugs, so he might have some psychedelic experience and masked it as this tale, dunno

About the games as an educational game for teaching, yeah they're very good, if properly made they can teach you a lot and catch up in a story. study
fiatlux
fiatlux

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down