Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goetic Evocation Experiment

+2
ezavan
amandachen
6 posters

Go down

Goetic Evocation Experiment Empty Goetic Evocation Experiment

Post  MelekM Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:41 pm

I've been planning and preparing for an evocation using a synthesis of antiquated and modern techniques and need a little advice from someone who has more experience in this field. While I have had some memorable results during evocation and invocation, I expect this time to be far above anything I've attempted. This is because for the first time in years, I have unlimited time and resources to dedicate to the ritual. (No one yelling lockdown or peeking in the cell window) Very Happy

SO, Im going to go all out, a full week of purification and prep work with all the bells and whistles, etc... I do, however, share Don Kraigs assertion that I won't be causing any spirit to take on corporeal form and appear before me; so I am going to use a mirror or bowl. Anyone have any experiences with either method?
MelekM
MelekM

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Back to top Go down

Goetic Evocation Experiment Empty Re: Goetic Evocation Experiment

Post  amandachen Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:23 pm

I haven't done mirror scrying for a very long time. One thing you might think about is lighting - I'd find any excuse to use my red candles, that's a colour that always seemed to work for me. You could also try coloured bulbs or shades/filters. Moonlight works very well.

A friend does a lot of bowl evocations. He uses a light coloured bowl, and draws sigils etc inside with coloured inks. The ink dissolves when he adds his condenser (I think mainly water and various oils, sometimes with blood) and this produces a nice effect.

Good luck with it.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  MelekM Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:30 pm

amandachen wrote:I haven't done mirror scrying for a very long time. One thing you might think about is lighting - I'd find any excuse to use my red candles, that's a colour that always seemed to work for me. You could also try coloured bulbs or shades/filters. Moonlight works very well.

A friend does a lot of bowl evocations. He uses a light coloured bowl, and draws sigils etc inside with coloured inks. The ink dissolves when he adds his condenser (I think mainly water and various oils, sometimes with blood) and this produces a nice effect.

Good luck with it.

In a couple places I've read that in making use of the bowl, to add a few drops of ones own blood can help out quite a bit. Any experience or opinions? Is this practice mostly for psychodrama?
MelekM
MelekM

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:41 pm

See if you can find out what Bardon says about fluid condensers.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MelekM Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Havent even opened Bardon's books yet. I dont know why. Ill check it out now.

Thanks
MelekM
MelekM

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:49 pm

My take on the addition of blood, semen, etc, is that it's used as an offering for the spirit. (cf. kapala)

Last edited by amandachen on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ezavan Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 am

i've tried purified saltwater in a black ceramic bowl with some success in the past, i think it's mostly about the way you look at the skrying surface. eyes unfocused but not quite crossed. i haven't used a mirror, mostly because until the last six months i haven't had any interest in sophisticating psychic sight and also because i live in abject poverty, my furniture comes out of other people's trash and not many full-length mirrors survive being tossed out. i've heard that this is more effective than using water as a surface though. starving your body of all nutrients besides sugar and water for a few days also seems to put visions into motion faster, which might line up with your purification plans.
ezavan
ezavan

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifuge Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Late reply, I know, but I thought I should add that fire also works quite well. I have found it to be the strongest method of scrying, although it does require much more concentration than other methods. As ezavan said, fasting a few days beforehand also helps a lot with this. I personally prefer using fire, but I would suggest using whichever you feel more comfortable with. I have heard that water is a lot easier if you have not attempted scrying before.

I hope all goes well! Let us know how it works out for you.

Lucifuge

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  MelekM Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:53 pm

Lucifuge wrote:

I hope all goes well! Let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks for the reply. Ive actually scheduled this for 3 Kings Day, Jan 6th. I've put an immense load of effort and planning into it and it will be far more momentous than anything I have attempted. I will actually begin on Jan 3rd with 3 days of fasting, meditation, lesser rituals etc... Then culminate on the 6th at an hour chosen very specifically. I have high hopes for this, but we'll have to wait and see. Either way I'll be sure to stop in afterwards and let everyone who was kind enough to offer advice know how it turned out
MelekM
MelekM

Back to top Go down

Post  kazdax Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:13 am

Try attaining a state between the dream state and awakened state..When you go into meditation you notice at times that you start to see patterns , colors and images .. also at times you start to hear music ..as if it was a radio ..

no need for the mirrors .. you could just focus on the said sigil and a mantra ..try and maintain that sort of clarity till you hit that hypnogogic state ..practice trying to get to his state on your own ..then you can try doing it with your eyes opened and focused in a mirror and a crystal ball perhaps .. ( people can do it without a belief system ) which in my opinnion is quite weak for todays magicians .

rememeber its just tuning your mind to a new way to seeing things .. that other people ignored .. also if you want to take it futher .. You could try lucid dreaming and memorizing your dreams ..for exampe .. do a ritual to evoke an entity .. use perfumes , lighting and sigils ..metal , stones etc etc . even drugs related to the entity and somewhat create an intense evocation .. try using hypnogogic state and then go to sleep as soon as possible .. ..draw the dream out or write it down .. from there own keep making up more complex symbols ..till you finally get the sigil you were looking for ..

also you do know that the names in gimories signify kabbalistic properties .. fdor example if the names has certain alphabeths .. if you read the sepher yetzirah ..you will see each alhpabet is connected to different properties ..

so if the name of the demon starts from say .. one of the mother letters ..

mem for example ..this entity is water in nater ..

next to mem it has ayin
this entity is water and perhaps is affiliated with the eye .. its an angry entity ..since in sepher yetzirah .. Ayin is attributed to being an angry letter ..
also ..
This entity is of the Goat nature ..since to Ayin the constilation connected is the Sea Goat ..
like that ..is how you get the true nature of the enitty you called in kabbalah evocations ..

as a magician there has to be a set rules and complexs to work this ..

love
Kazdax

kazdax

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mindaround Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 am

It is a mirror with the backing removed and black cloth or felt behind it, right?

The purpose for a mirror or skrying surface is to project an infinite plane that is subject to 'playing tricks' on the eyes and creating a space for 'manifestation'. Stare at yourself in the mirror for a bit. This alters consciousness pretty quickly (like a feedback loop and short-circuiting our inherent fear of staring) Some suggest looking for 'facial distortions' as an indicator of proper state. For me, it is the feeling that my eyes are sinking and a 'layer' is coming over my field of view (or rather my astral double is expanding a few inches beyond my face)

Don't be too caught up in the implements. But if you go for this sort of thing make a dedicated, protracted ritual of creating the mirror. Embellish it with god names and talismanic images that symbolize your intention and system. The backing of the mirror can have a bit of your dried sexual fluids or hair. Mine has a removable frame that I insert printed sigils appropriate for the working. It also has some permanent ones that are sacred to me. Consecrate this mirror as a sacred tool and never show it to anyone that is not engaged in the working. Have a nice case for it. It you have a solid headboard on your bed then hanging it on back and covering it can be good if you are sure it won't be discovered. It attracts 'dreams' this way (in theory).

I rarely use mine anymore. I have found that a large computer monitor with a blank black desktop pattern works really well and I can do other things with movies and sounds to alter consciousness. Also it makes it easier to record the results (voice recording - my own - only occasionally do I get an EVP) and set up for automatic writing (typing that is) if necessary. I am working on an essay that explains all this.

The book 'How to Make and Use a Magic Mirror' by Donald Tyson is what I initially followed.

Candles can be good to set the atmosphere and create 'Phosphenes' (familiar with the work of Dr. Francis Lefebure?) These are very helpful to astral projection and evocation. Basically stare at the candle (or for better ones a bare 60w daylight energy-saving fluorescent bulb) The phosphene is the bright spot of light that appears as an after image in your visual field and slowly cycles through the color spectrum. This stimulates your psychic visual centers and dilates your pupils. Project the phosphene into the center of the mirror. You can align it with your third eye chakra if the angle is right and you wish to go to the effort but it is not necessary and if it is a distraction don't bother.

The color of the candles should be appropriate to the working. A bit of an appropriate essential oil is helpful too.

Blowing on the mirror to create 'fog' is a good tactic too and watching it disperse is relaxing and entrancing... you can do this with a breathy invocation or mantra if you like.

Singing bowls are good with water and ritual sounding...

The important thing is to experiment and keep a detailed record of your results.
mindaround
mindaround

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  mindaround Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:17 am

amandachen wrote:My take on the addition of blood, semen, etc, is that it's used as an offering for the spirit. (cf. kapala)

Somewhat, but more so it is a linkage and personalization of the object tying it to you. You really want to build up a symbolic link with your ritual implements as an extension of your being. That is why that they need to be guarded carefully.
mindaround
mindaround

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Well, blood sacrifice in most traditions involves the blood of someone else or an animal.
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mindaround Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:06 pm

amandachen wrote:Well, blood sacrifice in most traditions involves the blood of someone else or an animal.

Wow, you're wanting to get medieval on somebody's ass, huh!!
Historically you are correct although blood sacrifice should be considered a much older technology. It certainly would not be a recommended practice these days. That is unless it is deeply rooted in your tradition like Santeria or various forms of 'primitive' sorcery (no slight intended)
Blood is a release of life energy and could attract or feed lower spirits but this would not likely be wise. The creation of homunculi might require it or if one follows the letter of ancient grimoires. (the Lisiewski way) However, technology advances and now that we understand the reason behind these practices (to a degree) they are no longer the best method and actually almost guaranteed to bring serious trouble.
Even many of the current Vampyre groups are using astral energy as a more direct route to the same end.
However, the one area where this differs is in the Kaula tantra traditions and sex magick operations. This is a completely different source of blood though.
mindaround
mindaround

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:51 am

mindaround wrote:
Blood is a release of life energy and could attract or feed lower spirits but this would not likely be wise.
If you actually read this thread, you'll see we're discussing the use of blood in fluid condensers for divinations and evocations.

Why so furtive about mentioning menstrual blood?
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mindaround Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:22 am

I did actually read the thread and I did see that you were discussing fluid condensers... I was too. Menstrual blood is a fact of life and a great source of power. For the longest its usage was the biggest secret in esoteric traditions. Now it's not. That is progress I say.
mindaround
mindaround

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down