Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there anyone out there?

+7
Liqueriana
sendoshin
digicamghosts
Khephra
RRR123408
amandachen
Lightning Path
11 posters

Go down

Is there anyone out there? Empty Is there anyone out there?

Post  Lightning Path Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:28 pm

When I was a kid I had a reoccurring dream that I chose to go to hell so all the other souls could be set free. No I have never been into martyrdom or even consider hell as being a physical place. The point is the feeling I remember from those dreams. It was utter isolation.

Is anyone out there working with left hand Buddhism or Hinduism?

I am particularly interested in a legend I read on Buddhist body snatchers (switchers), which actually spurred the original vampirism mythology.
Lightning Path
Lightning Path

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-11

http://www.myspace.com/lightningpath

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone out there? Empty Re: Is there anyone out there?

Post  amandachen Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:14 pm

you mean grong 'jug (drong juk) ?
amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone out there? Empty There is...

Post  Lightning Path Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Exactly!
Lightning Path
Lightning Path

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone out there? Empty There is...

Post  Lightning Path Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:14 am

Do you have anything on the subject?
Lightning Path
Lightning Path

Back to top Go down

Post  RRR123408 Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:48 am

grong 'jug
The practice of transferring one's consciousness into another body????

Well you've got my attention Very Happy
RRR123408
RRR123408

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone out there? Empty 10 Days in the chrysalis

Post  Lightning Path Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:33 am

I find it very fascinating myself, although the information is very occulted. I get the feeling that the "lineages" in Tibetan Buddhism is a direct descended of Mongol Shamanism and corresponds to what we call currents. This could be very effective when used in sex magick.
Lightning Path
Lightning Path

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:41 am

Lightning Path wrote:Do you have anything on the subject?

From Virginia.edu:

In addition to constituting the most notable meditative practices of the Kagyu-pa order, the tradition of the Six Yogas of Naropa was adopted also by the powerful Geluk-pa or "System of Virtue Sect" (dge lugs pa), which was founded by the brilliant philosopher-saint Dzongka-pa (Tsong kha pa, 1357-1419), and which eventually became the institutional seat of the successive Dalai Lamas. Dzongka-pa's treatise, A Book of Three Inspirations, is regarded as one of the finest works on the subject of the Six Yogas, and over the past five hundred years has served as a standard for the majority of works that later followed. In A Book of Three Inspirations, Dzongka-pa discusses the practices of all Six Doctrines with extraordinary precision and depth, quoting from a wealth of Indian and Tibetan sources as well as drawing upon his own profound inner experience. For our interests, however, Dzongka-pa's text is distinguished by its detailed presentation of the yoga of consciousness transference or phowa, including a rare description of the extremely secret yoga of forceful projection or drong-juk (grong 'jug). Briefly, phowa is the practice of ejecting the consciousness out from the top of the head at the time of death and transferring it to a more favorable realm of existence. A person may choose to practice this method of consciousness transference in order to be reborn in a heavenly realm or a Buddha's Pure Land, or in order to have the energy of his or her past meritorious karma continue, without interruption, into the next life. Traditionally it is held that the appearance of a tiny hole at the fontanelle of the dead person's head is a sign of a successful transference of the individual's consciousness. During certain meditative exercises designed to prepare people for this practice, teachers test their students' proficiency in the yoga of transference by sticking a flower stem in the hole that begins to develop at their crown. If their preparatory training is successful, and this hole in turn grows larger, it is said the flower will actually stand upright.

Directly connected with the yoga of transference is the esoteric method of forceful projection or drong-juk, in which a practitioner projects his or her own consciousness into a corpse of either a dead human being or animal. The practice is thus metaphorically referred to as the "reanimation of corpses." In A Book of Three Inspirations, Dzongka-pa informs us that drong-juk was brought to Tibet from India by Marpa Chökyi Lodrö, the teacher of Milarepa (Mi la ras pa, 1040-1123), who in turn gave it to his Marpa's son, Dharma Do-de (Dharma mdo sde). Unfortunately, Dharma Do-de met with a sudden and untimely death, taking with him the authentic wisdom of the drong-juk technique. Nevertheless, in spite of this apparent break in the lineage of transmission, Dzongka-pa says that the practice of forceful projection continued to be taught secretly in the oral transmission traditions and is never to be discussed publicly.
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone out there? Empty Is there anyone out there?

Post  Lightning Path Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at this myself, but oh my buddhist text is so hard to read and to apply practically. Aside from the obvious Indian infusion it sees equally obvious that Shamanism played a huge part in this unique form of buddhism (although this did occur in other Asian locales). It seems to strike true that this practice would have been used during life, as well as the time of death. Being that this became an oral practice, it is certain that one could only be taught through an initiatory body. It also seems true that the current incarnation of the Dali Lama possesses at least some of this knowledge.

Are there any of these initiatory bodies alive and well in the US?
Lightning Path
Lightning Path

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Lightning Path wrote:Are there any of these initiatory bodies alive and well in the US?
If so, they'd probably be tough to find.
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  Liqueriana Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:23 am

*edit*

Last edited by Liqueriana on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Liqueriana
Liqueriana

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:59 am

I know for a fact that the esoteric order "Dragon Rouge" has a circle working practically with the Six Yogas of Naropa. There exists both translations of original texts and practical working material within this group.

Wow! Thanks for the clarification!
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Post  digicamghosts Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:59 am

But what is the purpose of transferring one's consciousness from one's own body to another body? Why would anyone want to do that?

digicamghosts

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:57 am

Depends on the individual, and on the timing. Some, like yourself apparently, wouldn't. Those who would do it right at death would do so to control their reincarnation somewhat, or at the least ensure it.

Those who would do it throughout their lives could use it to travel the world without their own body ever leaving a single room, yet unlike astral travel they'd be able to interact with the physical world. Others might use it to live out a life far different from their own, though this would be a far more permanent shift, and involves some ethical ramifications. Still others might use it to gather information from the minds of those they entered. The list goes on.

- Sendoshin
sendoshin
sendoshin

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://digimob.freewebhostx.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Liqueriana Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:13 am

*edit*

Last edited by Liqueriana on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Liqueriana
Liqueriana

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  luxigni Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:31 pm

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by luxigni on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong Topic)
luxigni
luxigni

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenzish Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:06 pm

I'm really not sure if anyone is out here, but I'm pretty sure there's someone over that way.

Aside from that, Vajrayana Buddhism seems to have a rich background in what we may call left-hand practices.
I will try to dredge up my proper sources, but I remember reading about advanced techniques to compassionately kill someone who was racking up so much bad karma that they may never make up for it. There are also artifacts like skulls fashioned into cups, beads made of bone and carved into skulls, and stories of taming and overcoming powerful demons and the like. Vajrayana is also where tantric buddhist practice comes from. Sex magic!

So, if you're thinking left hand buddhism, I might direct you towards this tradition, beyond the Tantric stuff that's relatively widely known, but not so well understood.
Kenzish
Kenzish

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-25

http://web.me.com/coleyg84/Saint_MacKenzington_Station/

Back to top Go down

Post  amandachen Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:51 am

Robert Beer has an interesting book on this (weird stuff in Tibetan Buddhism), if you're after just an overview and some fun pictures. Well, actually, I say an overview, but I've found these books very useful in my practice.

His Tibetan Buddhist Symbols is a reworking and slim version of Tibetan Symbols and Motifs. So don't go out and buy both books thinking they are two completely different texts. The bigger book also has things like pictures (and discussions) of different animals, landscape scenery, etc.--stuff that isn't specifically Buddhist, just Tibetan. Descriptions are fleshed out a tiny bit more, sometimes, in the bigger book, but the smaller book is still amazing and a good buy.

You could say this is his life's work, but he's been doing other stuff too. Laughing

These books are great for tattoos, too. And I know some of you digimobbers like to get your crayons out and do some colouring after school.

amandachen
amandachen
Admin

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Chakravanti Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:54 am

Consider Robert Svoboda's At the Left Hand of God, all three books being currently available in digimob

You are definately not the only westerner to consider and identify with these ideas.
Chakravanti
Chakravanti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Is there anyone out there? Empty yes you can

Post  kazzyTheD Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 pm

yes there is something about the left hand path in the east .. Look into Kali yug , Demon Donkey Kali (not Kali the Goddess) ...in this case Kali the DOnkey Demon is the frist Demon to practice Possesion of Bodies ..

If you looking for tantra ..Sex Magic and left hand path in Hinduism ..Then look at Shiva and everything that relates to him..The mor eDarker Aspect of Shiva that makes more for left hand path is Bharaiva and mahakala .. Both are considered to be left hand path dieties .. Also if you into Female Goddesses then Kali or the other ferice Goddesses like kali .. Anything with a Ferice looking Face , long nails , human skulls and heads as adorments , snakes as adorments ..usually the color black , blue .. anyways ..
if you interested in Possession of other bodies then yes look itno the Demon Kali ..but mind you that the active running age according to the hindu is kali yug and the reigning lord is also kali the Demon ..so therefore it would seem easier to get in contact with this deity then any other diety .. Also 2 generals of Kali who are right under his arm are the twins of black arts ..they are the ones who teach kali his black arts ..they are twin brothers ...they were considered so slkilled at the art of magic that when the Gods tried to kill them ..they would come back to life just like that..as if they were never slain ...some of the story goes anyways ..

kazzyTheD

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum