Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New comer in need of direction pls help!

5 posters

Go down

New comer in need of direction pls help! Empty New comer in need of direction pls help!

Post  kootarbacha Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

hello there everyone! my name is koota and i am new to this site. i seek some guidance as a student who wishes to begin his journey in the occult, can people please direct me to some titles for beginners???

kind regards

koota. Smile Smile

kootarbacha

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

New comer in need of direction pls help! Empty Re: New comer in need of direction pls help!

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Welcome, Kootarbacha!

Can you give a little background info on your previous studies and inclinations? It'd help make recommendations a bit more likely to succeed. Wink
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

New comer in need of direction pls help! Empty hello

Post  kootarbacha Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:47 pm

hi ! thank you for responding ! well to be honest i have had no contact or experience in any respect, iv downloaded a few books about ceremonial magic iv been reading them but it all seems too advance for me. culturally i am south east indian, religion islam but i have had very little learnings from islam in terms of metaphysics, if i can use that word in that context.

kootarbacha

Back to top Go down

New comer in need of direction pls help! Empty Re: New comer in need of direction pls help!

Post  Admin Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Have you tried any Idries Shah?

Admin
Frater Digimob Teknikos

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-10

https://digimob.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

New comer in need of direction pls help! Empty hello

Post  kootarbacha Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:55 pm

no sir i have not. i will take the name away and enquire further. i hope you wont mind if i message you every so often with a query?

would there be any other titles i can go for? if i were to meet like minded people inmy community how could i go about doing that? bearing in mind i am in England UK?

thank you:D

kootarbacha

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:58 pm

What about Ibn Arabi?
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Osu Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Good day, i'm not sure that i'm jumping in to late or too early. You spoken to us saying that you have quickly read up on ceremonial magic. Now, to help you on your journey maybe revealing to us a bit more of who you are might help.

Like for instance, what type of influences you had with a)religion (if applicaple), b)favourite author's/philosophers, c)your mindset (e.g. what are you looking for when you look down the rabit hole? are you looking for some wow miracle, an escape, the truth, the beginning, to lead/to be led, to create, to be god, to know, or just to be, etc) {btw this is just a quick list}
Osu
Osu

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  kootarbacha Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:21 pm

I am from a muslim background and ethnically i am bangladeshi, it was when i was at university when i opted for numerous philosophy modules that i started to explore various thinkers and philosophers like aristotle, socrates and plato to name a few. I also took up a course a basic course around understanding the self, this was based around psychology. Within the past few years i have started to question many things about life about me about what powers i have about powers there are so i would like to learn and explore and learn how to gain and fulfil my hearts desires and pleasures.

When i said i read through various pages of books, i did so in order to examine the content to enquire whether the book is aimed at beginners like myself. If anyone could be kind enough to shed some further guidance on me i would be much grateful.

kind regards

Very Happy Very Happy

kootarbacha

Back to top Go down

Post  Osu Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:06 pm

I refuse to advocate the "Universal bag of tricks". And i am extremely bad at giving advice for someone online but i feel that i can help. Ibn Arabi is a good choice because it is so close to your roots, keep it simple -> look to your roots.

Before throwing yourself into the deep end if you do not know western esoteric traditions or eastern traditions then it would be better to choice a "schooled" system and study up on their practices instead of grabbing info here and there and hoping onto with "the Universal bags of Tricks". Knowing at least one whole system gives you something to work up on. Horizontal growth instead of Vertical. I've been set back a few years on my studies due to falling into the loop of the "universal bag of tricks" as my one friend so aptly named it and that mismanagement of your studies can set you back. Take one thing, learn it and then work with it, know the rules before you break them. KISS and always back to basics.

None the less, my bad English is beginning to annoy me, here is a list of societies which info you can find to study up on:

Builders of the Adytum
International College of Esoteric Studies
Order Templi Orientis.
The Companions of the Stone
The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn
The Order of the Cubic Stone

All of these if i am correct have their own type of study course system. And available from Digimob, of course there are other systems to help you learn.

Personally favourite practitioners are Israel Regardie and Christopher S. Hyatt.

I hope this has helped.
Osu
Osu

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  Hadrianswall Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 am

Best advice which I can give: There is a lot of kak out there, so your bullshit detector should always be set on high.

Other thoughts I bring to the table:

How do you envision being an occultist? What do you imagine doing, achieving, experiencing? These are questions to bear in mind as you do your research into the various systems.

Look for a system which speaks to your heart? Find one which is practical for you? (Not everyone has the space, time and recourses to mount an alchemical lab, or meditate for 6 hours a day - for example)

While you browse I would suggest taking advantage of the time to do a little groundwork.

Whatever path you choose there are two core fundamentals which will help you.

Firstly is ‘Sensitizing’ yourself to consciously feel energy, (with a viewpoint to later being able to guide it by intention.) There is a series called ‘Spring Forest Qigong’ which provides a very simple yet effective set of exercises and meditations for gathering and circulating the universal energy. (There are also many methods both Asana and Breath related which will help to amp up the power, but in my humble opinion it is better to stabilize and strengthen the energetic body first.)

Secondly you can begin working on the mind (as this will be your second most important muscle. Guess the first? Wink ) A good book designed for this purpose is Concentration by Mouni Sadhu. It contains a progressive series of exercises for strengthening the mind.

Both of these can be found in the world of torrents.

Bismallah

HW

Hadrianswall

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum