Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation?

+2
ankh_f_n_khonsu
neutralrobotboy
6 posters

Go down

Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation? Empty Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation?

Post  paganchick Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:07 pm

I was wondering if anyone here used any of the audio meditation programs such as Holosync, Hemisync, Holothink, Mind Machines, or anything similar in their meditation practices and if so what their feedback is? I have just recently been given a copy of the first level of the Holosync program which is called the Awakening Prologue but have yet to start using it as I wanted to here what others who have used it or other similar systems have thought of them and if they had found them to enhance their meditative progress. I would appreciate any and all feedback that anyone would be willing to post. Thanks. Very Happy
paganchick
paganchick

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation? Empty Re: Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation?

Post  Khephra Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:52 pm

I've used Holosync and several other similar products, with mixed results. Binaurals are generalizations and not every brain outputs the same patterns, but then I guess that's part of the point of 'entrainment'. Wink

Anyway, there are tons of products of this nature floating about out there, but I enjoyed the 'best' results with the Proteus.

Whatever you try, sometimes sticking with it is the key... Months and months of entraining isn't terribly uncommon. Wink
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation? Empty Re: Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation?

Post  neutralrobotboy Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:41 pm

I have one friend who has claimed much success with Holosync, but I can't vouch for it. I've experimented with making my own binaural beats to listen to, and I've found them quite useful at times. But I don't use them alongside meditation as such. I use them when trying to just let my thoughts roam free and calm down. As for BIG SUCCESS(tm), I doubt I've had that. Doesn't mean it's not an interesting thing to explore!

Also, whatever you do, remember that there are free programs available if you're willing to do the research. I posted about this earlier here.

neutralrobotboy

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-12-23

http://www.namelessnumberhead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:12 am

I've used Hemisync, Digital Drug and a few others... I got to where I could differentiate (maybe?) between different dominant brain states (i.e., alpha, beta, theta), and nudge myself in that direction w/o the binaurals. However, it generally felt more like a "relaxing" depth rather than a "profound" depth, as is the case in my more traditionally-oriented meditation practice (Vipassana), but your mileage may vary. Wink
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  paganchick Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:18 am

My problem is the fact that being a single mother and a poor college student I am limited to whatever I am able to get my hands on for free or practically free. I do have a few questions though. Khepra, you mentioned Proteus? Is that a mind machine type thing? If so where did you purchase it and how much did you pay?> Could you give reasons for why you found that to be more effective than the traditional Holosync and Hemisync programs? Also Ankh, you mentioned a product called Digital Drug? What does this product do, or what are it's aims? You also mentioned that you found Vipassana meditation to be of a more profound effect. As a total newbie, for the most part to any sort of regular meditation practice I was wondering if you would suggest me even trying to study that form of meditation at this point in my practice? If so could you recommend a good beginner book or pdf? Sorry for all the questions but you all are really sparking my interest and I would like to become a more informed consumer Laughing
paganchick
paganchick

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:40 am

paganchick wrote:Sorry for all the questions but you all are really sparking my interest and I would like to become a more informed consumer Laughing
A good part of what we hope to accomplish around here relies on "sparking interest". Wink

Here's a link to the info for the 'digital drug' I tried. You can find an mp3 version here, and FLAC here.

This is just one of several variants. i-Doser may well be the most popular version, but they've been slow to add functionality for Mac users so I've not tried it out. Nonetheless, I've heard good things about it, and a big pack of the 'doses' can be found here.

Vipassana meditation is often called "insight meditation" in the West. I personally think the states of consciousness induced through vipassana are generally superior to those provoked by binaurals, but that may be nothing more than my bias. Regardless, for a basic primer in vipassana, you might try Sharon Salzberg's Insight Meditation: A Step-By-Step Course on How to Meditate. It's practical and really does go step-by-step.

I'll dig up an article describing "linking breath with mantra", which I've found is often a good place to start. Smile
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation? Empty Thank You

Post  paganchick Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:12 pm

Thank you. I am currently downloading the FLAC file of the cd you suggested and really enjoyed reading the post detailing the mantra meditations. I will definitely check out the book as well. I'm surprised IDoser doesn't have anything that is Mac compatible? I'm sure they probably will in the future though Laughing
paganchick
paganchick

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:45 pm

There are apps that do similar for Macs, but I don't know of any that are explicitly derivative of the "drug experience". On the other hand, there's a free binaurals app for the iPhone... but I think the add-on EEGs are a bit more accessible for PC users... or, at least, they'd require a bit more know-how for non-PC users.

Anyway, I'll look forward to hearing about your results! Very Happy
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation? Empty Kelly Howell

Post  barcodechief Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:22 pm

This is one of the best binaurals that I have have discovered in years and she has been a huge help. I have listened to several audio pieces before i went to bed and it has made my meditations clear, focused and more relaxing then anything before.

I also have another great thing I discovered going into the relaxation and meditation part of things. It's called Silva Ultramind ESP Healing....and it has blown my mind with the relaxation and meditation through the roof. There is a bonus cd that comes along with it and allows you go through a relaxation series of songs with a alpha beat for 30 mins or so and gets you to a point where it sets the tone really well.

KELLY HOWELL AND SILVA ULTRAMIND ESP HEALING IS THE SHIZNIT.

Keep that in mind. GOOGLE IT.

barcodechief

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:42 pm

I've got *huge* collection of Kelly Howell's binaurals. Think I got most of them from Demonoid, if I remember correctly. Anyway, yeah, good stuff. One thing I appreciate about Howell's series is that there are so many of them that it's easier to find one(s) that resonates with you... it's a little like, "What flavour am I in the mood for today?"
Khephra
Khephra

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Find the Use of Binaural Beats to Assist Them in Meditation? Empty Pavlov's dog

Post  Leary Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Many excellent replies here... I humbly offer this... the depth of your belief is paramount. I can tell you the deeper you accept a thing the more profoundly you will experience it.

All the varying neurological tools have merit... be it Holosync, Hemisync, Silva, Quantum Jumping... the use of technology to entrain be it AudioStrobe, binaural beats or any of the so called proprietary systems all have golden gems at their core.

Most of the "systems" offered are like Dianna Sauce (popular condiment for barbecuing etc)... all the goodness and value is contained in the core product... The ingredients of Dianna Sauce are simple and most likely already in your kitchen; so you could make it yourself any time you like. Exactly like meditation... these products cut out the preparation time much like buying the Dianna Sauce does. You enjoy the results almost instantly and the big one... consistent results. It is a ready made formula to bring you back to the same place.

In time you don't need the aids to get where you intend and you may diverge from the content or direction of the "system". If this happens it is good to have the ability to follow your own lead.

The system tools capture your focused attention which is the biggest challenge to most meditation initiates. They are an amazing value to beginners in this regard... in fact they cannot be beat. Believe in them and let them help you... the skeptics mind cheats you of the gold.

That said: These "systems" are revenue generating re-packaging of the same product. Much like Dianna Sauce it comes in Original, Honey Garlic, Smoke and a few other MINOR variations on the Original... in all of these "other" Dianna Sauces the difference from the original are but one or two ingredients I can guarantee you are already in your kitchen. The question is: Do you want to buy six bottles of essentially the exact same Sauce or are you going to mix in your own?

You may find value in having all those similar sauces by virtue of the time and effort you save in addition to drawing on their expertise in blending them; or you may prefer to create your own.. perhaps cater more to your tastes and needs. Perhaps the designed "systems" are a perfect match for you. Perhaps you benefit from custom fitting your own. All of these "systems" have hefty progressed costs when the fact is the core secret was given up at the very beginning. If you can discover it for yourself then you will benefit from it in energy, success, inspiration, motivation time, and money.

Yoga is an incredible practice. Have you ever wondered why there are so many styles?

Yoga integrates the wisdom that we are different... that each of us resonates with a different approach, but that those differences can be grouped somewhat. the wisdom and benefits of yoga are there for all... the only requisite is US getting out of our own way. Some people can achieve meditative focus naturally when engaged in certain expressions... yoga provides a variety of expressions to give each of us a custom tailored initiation. Find the process that resonates with you.

We can all advise you of what works for us, but only you can find what works best for you. To do that, follow the signs from within you. If you have limited success with typical meditative techniques perhaps you will benefit from observing what aspects seem to be in the way. If focus is the big challenge then perhaps yoga can give you some tools. If you love the feel of your body in dance or stretching try Hatha yoga or something that allows expressive movement... go with your inspiration... follow your heart.

In the mean time Holosync is an amazing tool. You can and will get great benefit from it... believe it and allow yourself the benefit, then wean yourself off, save your hard earned money and take the wheel of your own journey.

Humbly offered for your consideration.
bounce

Last edited by Leary on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : reference, typo)

Leary

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down