Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A recent dream

4 posters

Go down

A recent dream Empty A recent dream

Post  neutralrobotboy Sun May 24, 2009 6:57 pm

I recently had the following dream. I typed it up without caps, so I'll simply quote it like that. It is maybe not quite a "lucid dream", but I couldn't find the most appropriate topic. If any moderators can think of one, feel free to move it. The dream is about mankind fleeing the universe.

at the very start of the dream, i was visited by some gangsters. i don't really remember how that happened, but basically i was some small-time crook working mostly by myself and a very large gang was leaning on me. i knew they were probably going to take all my money until i couldn't pay anymore, at which time they'd kill me.

an old gangster came in to talk to me. he told me it was time to kill: i had to kill someone, anyone for any reason. i just had to go out and kill someone so that the gang would have respect for me. he was smiling about this. he was a nice old (60? 65? 70?) man, generally very calm, but he was excited and happy about this fact.

the next thing i remember, i was walking along a crowded beach. i had no intention of killing anyone. i think there were some dark clouds visible looking out over the sea. i was thinking about how nice it would be to have the powers of nature at my command. if i could make one of the gangsters be hit by lightning and make it clear that i was the one who made it happen, they would leave me alone because i would have powers they didn't understand.

just then, the doors to the beach swung open, the sky went dark, the water went completely dead still. the sound of a soft organ (or maybe a nice harmonium) began to play. when i say "the doors of the beach", i mean a row of doors that was continuous as far as the eye could see. they were like theatre exit doors. the enclosure they were bound to (that is, the "walls" and "ceiling") was the sky. outside the doors was outside of the sky of the beach. it was a bit like the end of the truman show.

when everyone had fled, the doors slammed shut and a male voice started singing with the organ/harmonium. he was singing about how this was the end, no more ____ (you name it, pretty much). here, a funny thing was happening that often happens to me in dreams: one part of my mind was thinking ahead of the dream, and another part was experiencing the dream. i was conscious of a mental scramble to find the right words and notes to represent the moment, and there was only a certain amount of "buffer" time before whatever i thought of had to occur, and i would experience that.

anyway, though i'd known that something like this was coming, the reality only fully sunk in then, and i became afraid. i started to climb up the doors. i knew they would open soon and a juggernaut would come through that would run me over without taking notice. this "juggernaut" was a huge vehicle and its power was incomprehensible. it was there to replace all other force.

there was to be no more violence except that of the juggernaut. mankind would sit with its hands in its lap from that day forward, because it had chosen to flee the beach. if there was any kind of quarrel, the juggernaut would sort it out for the quarreling parties.

on the other side of the doors, mankind was becoming undifferentiated, homogenous. when i say that, i don't mean that each person was becoming like the next. i mean that mankind was returning to some primordial liquid state. i could picture a ball of some kind of liquid ("liquid light"?), and from this ball, occasionally the (increasingly) vague outline of a human limb or head would pop out like a pseudopod only to return to the blob-state. MANKIND HAD CHOSEN TO LEAVE THE PHYSICAL AND PHENOMENAL UNIVERSE, because it was afraid.

i remember thinking that i never realized that a world without violence could be so terrible. the non-violent world i would like to see is a result of development -- the improvement and increased sophistication of mankind. this version of a non-violent future was a result of the cowardice and laziness of mankind, who would rather leave the world altogether than face fearful things and improve from them.

neutralrobotboy

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-12-23

http://www.namelessnumberhead.com

Back to top Go down

A recent dream Empty Re: A recent dream

Post  Khephra Wed May 27, 2009 12:34 pm

That seemed like a very thorough recount, to me. Smile Have you worked long on refining your skills in this area?
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Thu May 28, 2009 4:15 am

That seemed like a very thorough recount, to me. Have you worked long on refining your skills in this area?

Not exactly. What I've focused on a lot in the past is being able to bring thoughts images/sounds/etc from the hypnagogic state to the fully waking state. So often I'll naturally be able to remember a dream in the hypnagogic state and then i'll be able to impress that onto my waking memory.

neutralrobotboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Thu May 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Have you tried experimenting with any entheogens? There are a few teas traditionally used to enhance 'dream vision'. If you can get beyond the flavor, they can have potent effects! Wink

I've done dream work too, and found it among the most potent forms of magick. But, as with all things, 'your mileage may vary'. Smile
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Fri May 29, 2009 6:15 am

Have you tried experimenting with any entheogens? There are a few teas traditionally used to enhance 'dream vision'. If you can get beyond the flavor, they can have potent effects!

You might say I'm heading that way. I sort of have a game plan with entheogens. I expect the right time for me to do them will come in the next couple of years. There's a bit of ground work I feel I need to do beforehand. How much have you used them, and what's your "normal" practice like, if you don't mind me asking?

neutralrobotboy

Back to top Go down

Post  yonderboy Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:46 pm

I learned one exercise (from Osho's Book of Secrets) that produced some dramatic results for me... It's really quite simple. Every few hours, stop whatever you are doing, look around and ask yourself: is this really happening, or am I in a dream? Consider the possibility seriously that you are actually asleep, in your bed, and dreaming. Do this at least five or six times a day for several weeks. Once it becomes a habit, it is bound to happen that you will ask yourself the question sometime when you really are dreaming...

yonderboy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  ankh_f_n_khonsu Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:19 pm

neutralrobotboy wrote:There's a bit of ground work I feel I need to do beforehand.

Dale Pendell's Pharmako/Gnosis: Plant Teachers and the Poison Path will be an invaluable aide in preparations of this nature. Smile

As for my "normal practice", I've experimented with different methods to find tacks that work for me. It's a very personal process, and every person responds differently. In my case, I experimented with a variety of substances prior to retiring for the night. Adding complexity, I varied the amount of time before imbibing and retiring, as well as the amount of substance and the gap between its use. I also experimented with different compensations for nocturnal record-keeping, so as not to disturb my companion, and added exercises from Frances Yates' The Art of Memory for recollections.
ankh_f_n_khonsu
ankh_f_n_khonsu

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  neutralrobotboy Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:54 am

Dale Pendell's Pharmako/Gnosis: Plant Teachers and the Poison Path will be an invaluable aide in preparations of this nature.

Cool, I'll have a look, I'm intrigued. Thanks!

I learned one exercise (from Osho's Book of Secrets) that produced some dramatic results for me... It's really quite simple. Every few hours, stop whatever you are doing, look around and ask yourself: is this really happening, or am I in a dream? Consider the possibility seriously that you are actually asleep, in your bed, and dreaming. Do this at least five or six times a day for several weeks. Once it becomes a habit, it is bound to happen that you will ask yourself the question sometime when you really are dreaming...

Funny story: I tried this method (essentially) at one stage a while back and repeatedly had experiences while dreaming where I asked myself if I was in a dream and came to the conclusion that I wasn't! Hehe.

neutralrobotboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Khephra Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:38 pm

neutralrobotboy wrote:Funny story: I tried this method (essentially) at one stage a while back and repeatedly had experiences while dreaming where I asked myself if I was in a dream and came to the conclusion that I wasn't! Hehe.
A LHP-leaning neo-shaman colleague uses this as a component of his practice. He will dream, enact a state of lucidity and begin meditating within the dreamscape. He then creates an astral temple where he works his 'magick'. His sensitivity to entheogens amazes me. Far from needing huge doses, he has developed such synchrony with so many different "teachers" that small amounts provoke great alacrity.
Khephra
Khephra

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down