Occult.Digital.Mobilization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it true entheogens awake psychic abilities?

5 posters

Go down

Is it true entheogens awake psychic abilities? Empty Is it true entheogens awake psychic abilities?

Post  ArcNox Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 am

I've read in a few books and in a few blogs that some entheogens such as Marijuana, Dmt, Lst can help you to awake psychic powers aka siddhis.

Is it true? why does it happen?

Thanks in advance

ArcNox

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-28

Back to top Go down

Is it true entheogens awake psychic abilities? Empty Re: Is it true entheogens awake psychic abilities?

Post  Whitewolf Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi

For many years I was partaking in some of the substances you mention, many times during and outside of ritual. Although the short-term, even immediate "benefits" can sometimes seem impressive, the fact is these substances can have very negative effects on people. Although there are many of these effects worth mentioning the fact is you can find many sites on the internet speaking about these things (substance abuse, et.). In relation to the occult, there are two points related to study and practice I'll mention:
1) In the first place, while under the influence of these substances (and after a lot of use even when sober) an individual opens themselves up to many negative energies/entities, even if you consider them to be from your own sub/unconscious. The ego boundary of consciousness - I'm referring here primarily to personal identity, personal psychic space - becomes more easily bypassed, opening oneself open to possession - whether you believe these to be the contents of the unconscious psyche or external to the individual is a moot point.
When these substances or similar substances have been used historically or culturally for spiritual purposes they have always been used under very traditional, prescribed and safe circumstances.

2) One looses energy - and the power of concentration. This usually becomes more apparent after use (especially repeated). Sometimes while under the influence one seems more able to concentrate and be more energized but this is a physiological illusion, similar to the way any (potentially addictive) mind-altering substances work. Usually, the "heightened awareness" and "insight" is caused by the body fighting or reacting to the poisonous effect of the drug. This is even true of such famous drugs as magic mushrooms and Ayahuasca (DMT). I have done mushrooms many times and to amazing effects - but I paid dearly for the lowering of defenses and got to meet the bad and the ugly along with the good.
If you're not acquainted with these substances then do yourself a favor and keep your mind clear. Your long term adventure into the occult will be much more rewarding.

Cheers, Whitewolf
Whitewolf
Whitewolf

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Back to top Go down

Is it true entheogens awake psychic abilities? Empty Re: Is it true entheogens awake psychic abilities?

Post  Chakravanti Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 am

The short answer is no.

The long answer is, yes but it's risky. if meditation is a hammer, drugs or entheogens are a pnuematic nailgun. A mistake with either is the difference between a bruised thumb and a nail through your hand.

Ritual is where the nail goes on the blueprint. Without it, you're just an objectiveless child playing with power tools. Of course, even if you make nothing of value you can always pass your junk off as "art" but don't expect anyone to take you seriously as anything other than an example of what not to do and/or be.

Not all drugs "awaken" the same "psychic abilities" (which, for the record, is an absolutely horrible metaphor due to extensive misuse), and those that do, don't always do it the same way and what is needed for what objective varies from person to personal experience and history. Education is essential because as always, you are responsible for yourself.

In short, don't use a chainsaw to prune a houseplant.
Chakravanti
Chakravanti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Whitewolf Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 pm

January 5, 2013

Chakravanti, your response and explanation is wonderful. It also reminded me of what I could have included in my earlier response - the fact that the culture; therefore in extension the spiritual discipline and protocol that existed (es) in some societies such as the indigenous peoples of the Amazon and the use of something like Ayahuasca (for example) or magic mushrooms (psilocybin) among indigenous people of Mexico will usually allow for the expansion of consciousness in a holistic and therefore potentially spiritual sense. Thus the importance of informed and directed ritual, as you point out.

Cheers, Whitewolf
Whitewolf
Whitewolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Chakravanti Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks. I might only point out that in my metaphor the hand you're driving a nail through is litterally your brain. Just in case that wasn't obvious to any future readers.

My sources, if you will, include much of my own, *ahem* "art".

Personally i don't feel that opening "negative" doors is necessarily a bad thing if one is prepared for it. It require balance however, and the same is true of the converse. Positivity requires balance.

These things occur naturally anyway. Focus on 'the positive' to the exclusion of the negative invites the negative to manifest itself in darkness (i.e. your ignorance). And again, the truth of converse.

I didn't mean to ignore your post either. Rather I meant to approach the subject by covering it from a different angle because I felt your was sufficiently self-meritous and stood well on it's own.
Chakravanti
Chakravanti

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee_Arborist Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 pm

I love the many responses on this topic, and agree wholeheartedly. I have experimented myself with substances in my own history. There can be some amazing results, but the cost just is not worth it. If you merely need heightened awareness, concentration, energy, or even a full trance state to do some specific things, you can learn to create the same effects without substances with time study and practice, and as an added benefit, you protect and strengthen your mind body willpower and personal protection without suffering the harsh price that has to be paid for short term rapid extremely temporary use of your own gifts in a manor that can make you doubt your own sanity and the validity of what you tried to do in the first place. If you consciously study learn how and utilize lucid dreaming, obe, sympathetic receiving and sending (ie telepathic sharing of visualizations or sensations with another) you will always doubt your own memory because of intoxication even if and especially when you are doing so with another. You will never be fully aware if the effect is from the substance or successful practice.
Think through any practice containing substances thoroughly if they alter consciousness. It's only major place is for alchemy ir well trained guided use in extremely controlled environments. An example of that would be an old shaman teaching an apprentice how to step out of his body. He uses a substance to relax the young guides and teaches him the first time or two, then makes him vividly recite every sensation without substances and duplicate them so he can step out or view unassisted by anything physical or chemical.
Tennessee_Arborist
Tennessee_Arborist

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicky Lubu Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Any drug alters your perception, all that is within us is effected in different ways by different drugs, it doesnt effect without us, it effects our own psyche that which is within us. Aleister Crowley wrote books on different drugs based on his perception through the use of the drugs. Using them for ritual is a risky take, especially when invoking spirits, your body becomes weak and open to psychic and spiritual attacks. Ive done it before, it made me a cynic for a while, it was probably the most depressing thing that ever happened to me. It also effects your visions because your open leaving your psychic defenses down. Im just saying from my experiences.
Nicky Lubu
Nicky Lubu

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Whitewolf Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:25 am

Nicky Luba, you are right on, especially about defences.

Cheers!
Whitewolf
Whitewolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicky Lubu Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Thank you whitewolf, cheers!
Nicky Lubu
Nicky Lubu

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee_Arborist Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:56 am

So need a like button, and a bullshit button here. lol I love the comments on this post.
Tennessee_Arborist
Tennessee_Arborist

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down