PhD researcher + enthusiast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PhD researcher + enthusiast

Post  BjornGay on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Hello All!
I am current at the University of Amsterdam doing research on modern Western esotericism with a special focus on Brion Gysin, William S. Burroughs, Robert Anton Wilson, and Peter Lamborn Wilson. I like to think of my focus as either Esoteric Anarchism, or Anarchic Esotericism depending on the last things I read by them. At any rate, the forums looks interesting and I shall peruse them momentarily!
As far as help goes, I am avidly seeking zines from the 1980 and 1990s concerning Chaos magick, Discordianism, and the Church of the SubGenius so if you have any I would gladly talk to you at length!

thanks for your time,
Bjorn G.

BjornGay

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hey BjornGay

Post  happyclown on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Your research sounds awesome! Hmmm...Anarchic Esotericism sounds more interesting but it's easier to say Esoteric Anarchism.

I'm sure your already aware of the writer/chaos magician Grant Morrison who (among many other things) wrote DC comic's The Invisibles in the late 90's (4 parts series detailing battles with nefarious spiritual/alien-archon/inter-dimentional/psychedelic/magical forces!) Robert Anton Wilson would have loved it!

Best, HappyClown
happyclown

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Alan Moore

Post  BjornGay on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:04 am

Hello Mr. HappyClown,

Yeah, Grant M. and Alan Moore are great additions to the Chaos discourse. Check this out:

Hope you enjoy!

JCG

BjornGay

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PhD researcher + enthusiast

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top