Suggestion: Include ISBN in Filenames

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestion: Include ISBN in Filenames

Post  canoramix on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:19 am

Hello.

First I would like to thank to all the people that contributed to the digimob's releases.

I would like to suggest if it is possible to include the ISBN in its filename when the book has ISBN (the older ones does not have one). For instance in the #29.1 instead of having the file "Bryant, Peck - Encyclopedia of Death the Human Experience.pdf" I prefer to have "Bryant, Peck - Encyclopedia of Death the Human Experience (9781412951784).pdf" or "9781412951784.Bryant, Peck - Encyclopedia of Death the Human Experience.pdf"

As it could happen to most of the people here, I have several (thousands) pdf files. When I need some file I take some time to find it. That's why I considered organize my pdf library and I'm using a program to do it. Having ISBN in filename will make it much easier to organize everything.

Do you think it will be useful or am I a neat-freak?

Thank you,

canoramix

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion: Include ISBN in Filenames

Post  Admin on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:51 pm

I recognize the utility that putting the ISBN in the filename could have, and I think it might not be a bad idea to somehow include the ISBNs in the downloads, but our current naming scheme, which attempts to put the full names and titles of every author in with the actual title of the work itself, is already resulting in some file names which might, unfortunately, be a tad too long. Adding ISBNs - even the ISBN10 instead of the ISBN13 - would simply make this problem even worse. Still, I'll work with the Content Team to figure out a good way to include the ISBNs in future Releases.

- Frater Digimob Teknikos

Admin
Frater Digimob Teknikos

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-10

View user profile http://digimob.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top