Why is there no activity ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why is there no activity ???

Post  x32 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 pm

What is going ? There has been no submission for soo many days ....
I am still waiting for someone to show up with new contributions, especially on elemental magick ,,,,,

x32

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why is there no activity ???

Post  Admin on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Submissions are not made through the forums. They are made to the group email address, occult [dot] digital [dot] mobilization [at] gmail [dot] com, and from there they are released on a quarterly basis, after a bit of cleanup and review. The forums are for discussion of works already released, requests for new materials to be submitted for release, exploration and sharing of personal experiences and experiments, and similar topics. This is why you have not seen anything new for some time.

Patience is one of the greatest tools a student - or practitioner - of the occult can use.

- Frater Digimob Teknikos

Admin
Frater Digimob Teknikos

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-10

View user profile http://digimob.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  x32 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:54 pm

There really has been a long time since I have seen a new occult digest submission..thats why I was being curious....

Thats probably the one thing that distinguishes this forum from other Very Happy
x32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Our most recent Release was at the beginning of this month. More information is available on the News page. The next Release is due out around the beginning of January.

- F:.D:.T:.

Admin
Frater Digimob Teknikos

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-10

View user profile http://digimob.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  x32 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Speaking honestly, that seems a bit late hehe//
btw, Enigma tells that there will be an FTP server soon..thats kind of a relief.,
x32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Enigma on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:22 am

"btw, Enigma tells that there will be an FTP server soon..thats kind of a relief.,"

hold on there, i never said it would be public. i stated it would be for a select few, including the digimob admins here. i set it up at Sendoshin's implicit request. would be private at first but MAYBE public later. i say this because i have limited bandwidth and cant really support more than 3 users connected at the same time (myself included). if i use up all my bandwidth uploading files to ppl on ftp, then how will i continue to seed finished torrents? answer is, i cant, having many users will make that very difficult. it's been a huge pain in the ass, i had to figure out how to forward my ports and set up the server correctly. during the initial configuration i encountered error after error after error, which left me scratching my head. but i got past all that.it's technically ready to be connected to now, except i still have to add the usernames and their passwords, and more importantly make sure that those users dont dont have access to private directories and files that i dont want anyone seeing/downloading. but thats relatively easy. i also need to make an effort to organize the files by sorting them into directories, and getting rid of duplicates. should be a few days at most. and one more thing (x32), leave the announcing to me.
Enigma

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-09-12

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/StephenWayneHamilton

Back to top Go down

Post  x32 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:09 am

I will take care of that in the future.. Thanks for pointing out !
x32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin on Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:58 pm

More frequent releases are extremely difficult to pull off. Indeed, even our quarterly releases leave us struggling to gather sufficient material. It seems that other resources are beginning to become more valuable to those who once provided the vast majority of our materials. As the spring from whence our submissions sprang dry up, no new springs are manifesting, and so what was once a great, coursing river of information and insight has become but a stream, and soon will not be even that.

Which is a fancy, metaphorical way of saying that people just aren't participating like they used to. Most have moved on to other, perhaps better projects. Which means that soon, I'm afraid, the DigiMob will be disbanded. But not before at least one more Release.

I regret, yet fully understand, that bittorrent isn't always the most friendly of paths for obtaining our Releases. There is little we can do about this. There are a number of reasons we utilize bittorrent - and only bittorrent - in providing our resources to the world, but none of those are stopping those who wish from redistributing our Releases in other manners, by other means. FTP, DVD, and any number of other paths are wide open and waiting to be used. Indeed, though for other reasons than redistribution, we deliberately keep the sizes of each torrent below the 4.3GiB DVD limit, which is why there are multiple parts to the latest ones. For legal reasons, we cannot condone the redistribution of these materials, but free will is one of the greatest assets we all share. Each is free to do as he (or she) will.

For the time, patience is all we ask.

- Sendoshin

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-25

View user profile http://digimob.freewebhostx.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  x32 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:03 pm

Maybe one of the reasons is that we provide a whole lot of material at once, rather than small items...
For instance,its better that we give the members in small chunks rather than a big piece..after getting which they would hardly participate and share anything.It would surely halt progress,,
There may be inclusion of a few innovative sections, like certain discussions allowing only those members who have a certain minimum no. of posts(not necessary contributions in terms of material, but in terms of participation).. and the system of RANKS//
x32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sendoshin on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:07 pm

The nature of our group is to provide easy access to the serious student. While this can be useful to newer students just as easily as experienced ones, it is not geared towards teaching anyone anything - each student teaches him- or her-self. As such, the large release format we use is best suited for our goals.

Are there drawbacks? Sure, just as in all things. Have those drawbacks ultimately led our membership to dwindle as other resources came readily available? So it would seem. Is this any reason to change our goals and focus, and thus the very nature of our group and what it stands for? Definitely not. Even if it leads to our demise, we cannot be other than what we are.

Once this group, a tool of the serious student, has served its purpose, it can be set aside, that other tools may see use of their own. No one tool can serve every purpose, nor should one attempt to drive a screw with a saw blade. Though it might be possible, it merely causes more trouble, and even damage to the work being done. We should not be afraid to set this tool aside for another, more suited for the task at hand.

This project has done a great service for the world - it has provided easy access to a wide range of materials, many of which were largely inaccessible until they were included in the various Releases. It has also laid the groundwork for other students of the occult to create tools of their own, providing inspiration if nothing else. It has brought curious seekers of knowledge to a realization of the vast amounts of knowledge available, and pointed the way to receiving it. It has shown devout followers of one path or another that theirs isn't the only path, and helped them not only to understand the paths trod by others, but in some cases realize they were on the wrong path for themselves. It has sparked a passion for the hidden knowledges, a passion that has itself become a blazing inferno with many sources. Alongside the other projects of de-occulting, the DigiMob has lit a path to true enlightenment, where each individual discovers the strength, the power within themselves, and the courage to overcome their weaknesses.

We can hardly ask for more.

- Sendoshin

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-08-25

View user profile http://digimob.freewebhostx.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  x32 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:35 am

Glad to hear about the new submission!
I just want more submissions Smile
x32